Blisters! Help?

Options
Here's the story: I realized I would have no time to work out yesterday, so I decided to go on a walk... the only problem was, I only had my work clothes with me, so I had to walk in my dress shoes. The result: a MASSIVE blister on the back of my acchiles tendon, causing every bend of my foot to sting.

I had a zumba workout planned for tomorrow, and I absolutely have to do my theatrical perfomance tomorrow (which invlolves a lot of running and jumping,) and I'm afraid that my blister will still be painful. Should I pop it? Should I slap a bandaid on it? Should I ice it? HELP!

Replies

• horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are not suppose to pop blisters, can cause infection-that is one you going to have to let it heal on its own-so maybe band aid, and or Mole Skin
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I've never heard of mole skin. I might check that out.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    Mole skin usually works very well and helps protect the blister so it doesn't get worse and doesn't burn/hurt as bad when you are moving around. It can be found at pretty much any store, walmart, walgreens, kroger, etc :)
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are not suppose to pop blisters, can cause infection-that is one you going to have to let it heal on its own-so maybe band aid, and or Mole Skin

This is not true. you should pop it, put vaseline on it and cover it with a bandaid for about a week.
  • peppymint
    Options
    Yes, pretty much any pharmacy will carry mole skin. I believe it is made by Dr. Scholls. They also make specific bandage to cover and protect blisters as well.
    For the mole skin, it comes in a big bandaid-like sheet. Cut out a piece thats bigger than your blister, then cut out a smaller circle in that piece so the blister will 'fit' into it. This way, the mole skin is surrounding the blister, and will protect it from any rubbing of your sneakers. Hope this helps!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You CAN pop blisters...my doctor said I could. Prick it on the side and let it drain. CLEAN IT. NEVER use a regualr bandage. The fabric-ness of a bandage is the SAME reason you got a blister in the first place. BandAid makes a blister bandage which is all plastic and cushioned but its a nice smooth surface. I suggest putting this on top after popping it..
  • slimkitty
    Options
    If it's big I would pop it apply tons of antibiotic ointment and cover it up. I think it's better that way cause it might pop on it's own when you are not ready for it.
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you CAN pop blisters if its in a place that causes you a lot of pain.. i just had a blister a couple weeks ago.. it was on my heel.. i made a little hole in it.. drained it and but a band-aid over it.. within 2 days it was fine.. and after draining i was able to walk and exercise..
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! I think I'll head to walmart tonight and choose a bandage... but I probably will pop it.
  • peppymint
    Options
    If you decide to pop it, just make sure you sterilize a pin/needle first! And only make a small hole.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine is a ballet dancer and a doctor. This is her proven solution:

Take a sterilized needle and pop onehole at the edge left or right not front or back, where it hits the new skin. THEN soak your foot in a sink of hot water and half a bottle of ALUM from the spice section..Do the soaks three times a day- it will pickle your skin and heal well. I used to do that when I was dancing and the toe shoes caused blisters and I had to dance the next day- it works like a dream. Or try it with epsom salt but use the alum first!