My Food Diary Help!

Options
Any feedback would be great. How can I better my food intake. Thanks bunches! I have it as public let me know if you have any problems viewing it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try LOTS of fresh fruits (I eat fruit in the morning), fresh veggies in the afternoon. NO white bread (or otherwise highly-processed foods!) NO mashed potatoes (baked only!) WHOLE GRAINS & WATER WATER WATER! I also snack on sunflower seeds, dried apples, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds ... GL!
  • ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try LOTS of fresh fruits (I eat fruit in the morning), fresh veggies in the afternoon. NO white bread (or otherwise highly-processed foods!) NO mashed potatoes (baked only!) WHOLE GRAINS & WATER WATER WATER! I also snack on sunflower seeds, dried apples, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds ... GL!

Thanks. ITs hard to get wheat bread for some reason but I'll try keep away from those foods. I will switch the mashed potatoes w/ baked potatoes and I definitely try to have my water intake be no less than 8 glasses a day
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Curious... why are baked potatoes ok but not mashed? They're pretty much the same thing, just different presentation, if you make them from scratch.
  • ihern6334
    Options

Curious... why are baked potatoes ok but not mashed? They're pretty much the same thing, just different presentation, if you make them from scratch.

Lol! I make them from scratch and avoid using whole milk or butter or salt. Same thing goes for the baked. And I try to cut back on my portion size as well.
  • ihern6334
    Options
    ANy feedback on my diary?
  • marie6661
    Options

DONT eat a lot of fruit some is ok but it has a LOT of sugar apples and berrys are you best bet have some type of protein when you have them the protein keeps you full. NO potatoes! is you have to have one make it a sweet potatoes dont add any thing to it though at the most a little butter. watch the bread intake. eat lost of veggies
  • marie6661
    Options

also dried fruits airnt good for you they have more sugar then a fresh fruit . almonds are awesome to snack on tho
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You are WAY to low in your calories consumed!! It is best to eat at least 1200 a day. Some say you need to net that amount, BUT that's always a debate. Get your calories up a bit higher. You seem to be doing well overall, just increase your intake. ;)
  • ihern6334
    Options
    You are WAY to low in your calories consumed!! It is best to eat at least 1200 a day. Some say you need to net that amount, BUT that's always a debate. Get your calories up a bit higher. You seem to be doing well overall, just increase your intake. ;)

Thanks definitely will do!
  • ihern6334
    Options

also dried fruits airnt good for you they have more sugar then a fresh fruit . almonds are awesome to snack on tho

Gotcha in your posts! Thanks bunches i will try to keep away from the potato. I need to snack more often though so I can get my calories at least to 1200. Should I eat my exercise calories?
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Lol! I make them from scratch and avoid using whole milk or butter or salt. Same thing goes for the baked. And I try to cut back on my portion size as well.

When I make baked potatoes I put cottage cheese on it!!!
  • marie6661
    Options

Gotcha in your posts! Thanks bunches i will try to keep away from the potato. I need to snack more often though so I can get my calories at least to 1200. Should I eat my exercise calories?

try and make sure your snacks have protein in then cause itll keep you fuller like with my snacks ill have a pice of chicken breast i cooked monday (i pree cook my chicken for snacks) with some veggies, tuna pack and veg, or a fruit and protein, and sometimes a protein shake just depends on the day im not going to lie sometimes my snacks are super bad its hard to fill your cals when you eat clean my trainer said as long as i get my 25 grams of protein each snack/meal im good even if i run a few 100 under my goal. honestly id try and fill any extra with veggies cant really go too wrong with them
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think overall you're doing pretty well! I try to have protein with every meal, and whole grain bread. Wouldn't hurt to up your calorie intake a bit - but with healthy snacks. I also used to be guilty of having 3 sugars in coffee (although it's only 20 calories) try and cut that down slowly. You'll eventually have no sugar and still enjoy the coffee!
  • marie6661
    Options
    I think overall you're doing pretty well! I try to have protein with every meal, and whole grain bread. Wouldn't hurt to up your calorie intake a bit - but with healthy snacks. I also used to be guilty of having 3 sugars in coffee (although it's only 20 calories) try and cut that down slowly. You'll eventually have no sugar and still enjoy the coffee!

yea or try truvia instead of sugar
  • ihern6334
    Options

Thanks bunches. i know I've actually cut it back a TONNNNN!. I would have 4-5 cups of coffee a day with more than 3 tsp sugar so 1 cup a day with 3 sugar is a huge accomplishment. :) I hope I can keep it up. And i will definitely try snacking more and healthier so I can at least up my calorie intake a bit :)
  • ihern6334
    Options

try and make sure your snacks have protein in then cause itll keep you fuller like with my snacks ill have a pice of chicken breast i cooked monday (i pree cook my chicken for snacks) with some veggies, tuna pack and veg, or a fruit and protein, and sometimes a protein shake just depends on the day im not going to lie sometimes my snacks are super bad its hard to fill your cals when you eat clean my trainer said as long as i get my 25 grams of protein each snack/meal im good even if i run a few 100 under my goal. honestly id try and fill any extra with veggies cant really go too wrong with them

Is it ok to have more than the necessary protein intake as suggested by MFP?
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Consistency! I usually eat around a 200 calorie meal 6 times a day, with one of those meals (usually lunch) being a little more towards 300/400 calories. Eating smaller meals more throughout the day helps. And the consistency really helps. Sometimes skipping lunch or dinner, or having one really big meal and the rest small, or skipping meals but eating big snacks will definitely confuse your body and slow down your metabolism.

Good work tho, keep it up!