Goal weight and body fat for 5' 3.75" ?

Options
Interested to know the goal weight and/or body fat target that others of my height have set for themselves. I have never really set a specific weight goal for myself, so it's hard for me to judge (I'm sure I'll just have to see how it goes to some extent and adjust if need be).

My current goal is to weigh 125. I currently weigh 146. My frame size is probably medium, but on the smaller side of medium.

Replies

• sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 180lb, 27% BF and aiming for around 155lb

I haven't decided on a BF% goal yet - if I keep the same lean mass it's around 16% which I dunno, may be a little low. Maybe something more like 18% would be better.

I'm a large frame (in case those figures didn't make it obvious), about 1/2" taller than you though
  • ariel3561
    ariel3561 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my long term goal is 125-130. I am also 33 years old and find it really does get harder the older I get. Highest weight for me on my home scale was 142, yesterday was 138 so I am making progress. I have a small build but don't want to starve myself to get below 125, I already know how hard that would be to maintain. I liked how I looked earlier this year at 132 so I should be happy when I get below 130.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", my starting weight was 140. I originally set my goal weight for 125, but once I hit it I decided I wanted to shed a few more so I set my secondary goal to 122.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 180lb, 27% BF and aiming for around 155lb

I haven't decided on a BF% goal yet - if I keep the same lean mass it's around 16% which I dunno, may be a little low. Maybe something more like 18% would be better.

I'm a large frame (in case those figures didn't make it obvious), about 1/2" taller than you though

I am 5' 3.5" and I have a large frame. I was at 26.5% fate with 127 lb lean weight at my last bmi check. My goal is 155 at my lowest and I am currently 169 lbs :wink:
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 39 years young and am 5'4'. In January I weighed 145#. I set my goal to 120# and am hovering around the 121 mark. I am finding it harder to lose pounds so I am focusing more on toning and building muscle. I hate my butt so I am working especially hard at downsizing that, although my husband claims to love it and not want me to change a thing about it. I currently wear a size 5 jean and am trying so hard to get down to a four (darn butt):mad: . I have never been a four before so that is my current goal. I hope this helps. I am small to medium bone...and I would really like to have my top rib on each side removed because they stick out further than my boobs...lol no joke! :laugh: Thank the Lord for padded bras! Good luck to you on your journey!! :smile:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5"4 - I started around 141 pounds, now maintain between 118 - 123 which I'm happy with. I am aiming for a BF% 18 - 20%, last measure I was at 22% :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5"4 - I started around 141 pounds, now maintain between 118 - 123 which I'm happy with. I am aiming for a BF% 18 - 20%, last measure I was at 22% :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am just about 5' 3-4 I weigh 119.4, my goal weight is 110, or 16-18 percent body fat. See my stats in my sig :$
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly taller at 5'4" tall and my goal body fat is 16-17% with a goal weight of around 120 or so. Honestly don't care what the weight is as long as I get to my goal body fat, lol.
  • wetduck
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.75" Started at 150, currently around 141-142 and my short term goal is to see anything less than 140 on the scale. My long term goal is 130 and then I'll reevaluate.

Too add I started around 29% body fat and I'm around 26% right now. Hoping to get down to low 20s
  • dazeydawl
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 121lbs down from 125lbs. My goal weight is 110lbs. I have a tiny frame ( I'm talking hands wrists and feet the size of a 10 year old) and just have some flab to lose
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - seems my goal is pretty reasonable then. I'd like to get to 20% BF, I'm not sure what weight that would make me but I think probably closer to 120. However these feel like lofty goals to me at the moment since I know from experience how hard it is for me to get under 130!
  • Devonanne
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.75" Started at 150, currently around 141-142 and my short term goal is to see anything less than 140 on the scale. My long term goal is 130 and then I'll reevaluate.

Too add I started around 29% body fat and I'm around 26% right now. Hoping to get down to low 20s

This sounds VERY similar to me. My first mini-goal is also to see one-thirty-anything on the scale haha. My body fat now is about 28% and I'd love to get to 20% but low 20's would be just fine!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i am about the same. 5'4" and aiming for 127. i will reevaluate when i get there if i think i want to be less.
  • rpstaller
    Options
    Just to throw a guy's opinion in here — I personally set my goal weight -body fat based on the height-weight-body fat standards for the Army. Am I in the Army, you may ask. No. No, I am not. But I would like to be and that is why I use that chart. A quick Google search will return a few pages that have the chart if you are interested in seeing what weight and body fat the Army would want a girl of your age and height to be if that is interesting at all to you.

Also, the BMI calculator provided by MFP is another tool just for reference. The BMI charts always seem on the low side to me, though. For example, the BMI chart says I should be between 119 and 159 while the Army says I should be between 170 and 175. Five years ago I was at about 185 and could not imagine myself being 159.

Anyway, just some other options from a male point of view :)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight yet. For now, I'm just trying to adjust to proper portion sizes, eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis for a year and see how I feel and look at my weight then when The Hunger Games is released in theatres.

Yes. My goal date will actually be the date of a movie release. :laugh:
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    in comparison my goal seems intense lol!

I'm 5'2" and starting weight of 176. current weight 154. ultimate goal weight 110. i dont know anything about body fat % so i have no goal there.
  • kya101
    kya101 Posts: 37
    Options
    How do ya'll measure your body fat???? I think I need to focus more on BF now then actual weight now!!!!
  • Devonanne
    Options
    How do ya'll measure your body fat???? I think I need to focus more on BF now then actual weight now!!!!

I have a BF scale, a caliper and they tested mine at Curves..however they all say different things : \ So I just go with the highest number lol
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I go off the US Navy calculator

They're all only estimates