Exercising with Large Cyst

Options
I have a large cyst and I'd really like it to not rupture. :smile: I had been doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 as well as running, but have ceased in lieu of this unwelcome visitor in my abdomen. Any time I do anything that's high impact (jumping, running), it (obviously) jiggles the cyst and is painful, so I'm worried about the possibility of it rupturing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on exercise that will get my heart rate up that is relatively low impact? I've thought about dancing and shadow boxing. Any other ideas?

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I dont have any suggestions, but now I DO want pictures...lol
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Swimming?
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    swimming and biking
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    I suffer with endometriosis and this can really cause pain, I guess similar to that of a cyst, when I'm particularly active.

I have found swimming to be perfect for days like this. The water gives you support so there is less jiggle in your exercise. 20 mins jogging/run burns the same amount of calories according to MFP and articles in fitness magazines.

Pilates is great as you can work at low levels and still get toning with more holding poses than repetitive crunches.

Give it a go. I had a long period of only managing Pilates and swimming as pain-free exercise and got great results.
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pilates is a great suggestion! I don't have access to a pool, or I would do laps regularly. :(

Definitely going to try doing some pilates/yoga and work on toning. Hoping it'll get my heart rate up!

Thanks!