male physique and your perception?

Options
warmachinejt
warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
Girls (and guys?) If you see a guy that has big arms and you can tell he worksout do you presume he gets lots of girls and has no problem with the ladies? I ask this because from my perspective it is true.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yup. Its just my assumption. If I see a muscular guys I figure he has no problem with ladies

ETA: I think it is because I find guys who workout attractive, so all girls must! Haha that is how it goes on in my head anyway xD
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the rest of him looks like & how he sounds when he opens his mouth. Hope you wanted honesty. :)
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the rest of him looks like & how he sounds when he opens his mouth. Hope you wanted honesty. :)
    Agreed.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hrmmm... It does depend on his face as well.

And then, god forbid, he open his mouth...
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I second your thoughts!! If they are total douches when they start to speak...fuhgeddahboutit!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hell no, a lot of guys in the gym are there due to their self image issues. However...they're in the right place.

(Oh u mirin' my eloquent use of the there's.)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't generally assess a man's ability to "get lots of girls"..... Just not something I think of. I might think, "He's hot. Nice arms. I'd do him." but that's about it.
  • dasskinny
    Options

Agreed!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Not really, no. Round here, a guy with big arms = farmer, and they don't tend to have that much luck with girls.

Where I live a big wallet is more likely to get you attention.
  • annabananana
    Options
    i honestly don't care how ripped a guy is. my boyfriend works out all the time and takes so many supplements(which can't be that good on the body when taken in these amounts), and i wish he'd be a little easier on his self. i'd love him the same if he were fat. when i see a guy that looks like ronnie or the situation from jersey shore, it's kind of a turn off to be honest.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    HA! I never do. I think, "Wow they work out and care about themselves." but that is IT.

The assumption of lady attraction comes more from their face and what they say. If it's garbage the only thing I can think of is they are able to pick up drunk chicks and not much beyond that.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Nothing turns me off more than a guy that's stupid. But yeah, if he's just standing there being sexy then I assume he doesn't have trouble (even if he is stupid he probably still scores a lot)
  • mrscortes2008
    mrscortes2008 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I have a weakness for big arms and beefy chests. That being said, just because someone is beautiful to look at I don't think it automatically follows that they will have a easy time getting dates.
    Well, maybe picking up chicks will be easier, but keeping them? That depends entirely on personality and character. It's been said, Beauty will open the door, but it takes more than a pretty face to keep it open.
    Depending upon the way this hot dude carries himself, I may assume the exact opposite about him. We've all met the guy who struts about like a banty rooster and loves himself more than anything in the world. And that is unbelievably transparent and unattractive.
    Try switching the perspective. What about the gorgeous chick with the lousy personality? Few men I've met would want to be with a *****y woman just because she's pretty. I think the same is true for women.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Not really, but maybe that is because I don't like muscly guys. Toned, yes but built, yuck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I should also add, I have never been attracted to a muscly man. I like tall thin men, and people who make me laugh, and laugh at me in return.
  • mrscortes2008
    mrscortes2008 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! Please tell me that I'm not the only women in the world that thinks that a six-pack looks like the underbelly of a crab!! Yuck. I can appreciate the effort, but definitely not my thing.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    well, before I gained this weight I was dating a guy who worked out daily and had HUGE arms . . . awesome . . . the guy I am with now has big arms and yea it's a really good attribute . . . without going into detail . . .
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

It also depends on his manners, I have been out with this guy who had no table manners at all. He looked great, talked great, just never chewed with his mouth closed, burped, kept reaching for food off my plate. I never talked to him again!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The "ability to get a lot of girls" was never all that appealing to me. The ability to keep this one particular girl interested... that's all I cared about. And that had little to do with his arm size.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Most guys who have great arm muscles have no leg tone whatsoever. I just assume they're obsessed by their appearance and that they don't own a full length mirror....seriously, why would you bulk out your biceps and ignore every other muscle?