How often do you weigh yourself and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• WifenMom
    Options
    My program I'm on says not to weigh in weekly. Set a goal (like a month out) for the amount you'd like to weigh (realistic of course) and then weigh in and take your measurements.
    I guess our weight loss efforts show more so in measurements than the scale - when you are working out.
    I of course can never wait that long - so I weigh in weekly and try not to do it any more than that. I get discouraged if I weigh in and have been working hard and the scale has not moved any.
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My program I'm on says not to weigh in weekly. Set a goal (like a month out) for the amount you'd like to weigh (realistic of course) and then weigh in and take your measurements.
    I guess our weight loss efforts show more so in measurements than the scale - when you are working out.
    I of course can never wait that long - so I weigh in weekly and try not to do it any more than that. I get discouraged if I weigh in and have been working hard and the scale has not moved any.

This is what I do, and so far I have been losing more than my goals and it makes me feel really good about myself!

I was contemplating whether to buy scales in 2 weeks time, as I won't be going home for another 5 weeks. But I think I'm going to resist the temptation and weigh myself when I do go home, the shock will be amazing! :P
  • AParker1974
    AParker1974 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself the same time every morning and after work - why? Just because I'm so obsessed with getting to ONEderland that I feel better if I check, plus if my night time weight is up then I know I had to much salt (pretzels)...then I know to not eat more pretzels in the evening :P

I do this too for the same reason, almost in ONEderland myself!! I only record my weight on Thursdays but I have to see that number everyday before I shower in the morning then after I get in from work.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    once a month maybe? I USED to weigh every morning. But I've decided I need to be more in tune with my body, and not make weight loss an obsession anymore. If I feel unhealthy, I re-evaluate.. If I barely lost in the month, I try something new. This also helps me from getting discouraged with lack of early results in a diet change.