I know its a weird question BUT LADIES

Options
I work out atleast 2 times everyday.
I seem to be definitly sweating more, which make me apply more and more deodorant.
Is there one that works better then the other?
Ive tried a couple different kinds, but none that I really like with working out so much.

Thanks!

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have always like Speed Stick Sport Talc. Dry, not perfumey.
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant. This is fantastic.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is Good old fashioned Secret Solid- not the dry clear or any of the newer versions.
  • kantone999
    Options
    I started sprinkling a little baking soda under my arms after showering--not much does the trick and if you use too much you could get a rash--and no more problems. I only notice the extreme BO when I wear synthetic fabrics when working out. 100% cotton, not so much.
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually use Secret or Lady Speed Stick and haven't had a problem with either of those ones. I haven't tried it, but I know Secret makes a clinical strength one which is supposed to have better wetness protection
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I use the Secret Clinical Strength it is the only thing that helps me with the amount that I sweat! It's expensive but so worth it :)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You need to sweat when you work out! A sign you're working efficiently and helps cool you down! Shower afterwards! I find "Sure Crystal" to work great and also doesn't leave white marks if I wear a dark top for working out. :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Anti-perspirant would work better
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I use Secret- but only the gel kind-the solid stains my sports bras (strange, right?) my favorite is the vanilla, it's really mild and unlike the melon kind, nobody goes "man....i'd really like a jolly rancher right now" when you walk by :/
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I use Secret- but only the gel kind-the solid stains my sports bras (strange, right?) my favorite is the vanilla, it's really mild and unlike the melon kind, nobody goes "man....i'd really like a jolly rancher right now" when you walk by :/
  • josterhaus
    Options
    I recently switched to Secret Clinical Strength Sport due to working out and sweating more my previous deodorant wasn't enough! I've been Loving the new one! :)
  • melmist
    Options
    I like the Clinical Strength brands, especially Secret. I started sweating a lot when I was on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia and this is the only thing that works for me. I coach cheerleaders and they swear by Men's deodorant, but I stick with Secret Clinical Strength. It isn't "little black dress" approved, but it works!
  • Barbarablw
    Barbarablw Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use Secret PH-Balance!! works like a charm and smells soooo goood =)
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Arrid xx is exxellent!!!!!!!
  • sahmed15
    sahmed15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mitchum!!!!!! Check the active ingredients--I believe this stuff is nearly as strong as the "prescription strength" stuff and cheaper to boot.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Deodorant to wear while you're working out?

Why?

Fresh sweat doesn't smell, if you've showered beforehand, and shower afterwards (and THEN apply your deodorant), I wouldn't worry.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the fitter you are, the more readily you sweat. :)

The trick isn't so much which deodorant you apply but when you apply it - basically, if you're using an alum based anti-perspirant, you have to apply it to DRY skin (so when you've just got out of the shower is entirely the wrong time), otherwise the alum salts which would normally block your pores to prevent you from perspiring just react with the moisture on your skin's surface and flake off in a flurry of white powder.

I usually apply mine at night, when my skin's completely dry (having had a chance to fully dry off after any shower or exercise).
    After that, it'll usually last a couple of days, through heavy duty exercise, rain and even showers if I don't scrub too hard at the areas I applied it to.

For the record, I use Sure for Men Active 48 hour anti-perspirant spray, but that's just because I like how it smells. I also like the little alum-salts pump sprays that you fill with water whenever you need them.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Certain dri
  • dwilliams2010
    dwilliams2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Suave clinical strength is AMAZING. it's s little pricier ($5 with tax) buts it the cheapest clinical strength brand and well worth an extra $1.50
  • saraann752003
    Options
    check the product lables... deodorant does that, it makes you smell not nasty... but an anti-perspirant is different... even the FDA in the US considers these differently (deodorant is considered a cosmetic, anti-perspirant is considered a drug because it blocks the sweat producing glands... or some mumbo jumbo like that).

Deodorant is designed to fight against the smell of the bacteria in your sweat breaking down (which causes you to smell).

Make sure you are buying a combo of the two!