Gonna blow my own trumpet

Options
chilli
chilli Posts: 211 Member
Ok I know there are so many of you out there with so much to lose and so many of you have done so well already. My heartfelt congrats to each and every one because I know how hard it has been.
I have only lost 12 -13 lbs (nearly 1 stone which we in Britain tend to use rather than just the pounds).(14lb = 1 stone)
BUT considering I was in a healthy weight range anyway, theoretically, it has been a long hard slog over the past 10 months on this site to do it. Ounce by ounce.
I was always very small, weighing around 6 stone to 6.5 stone ( 84-92lbs) in my teens and 20's 7 -7.5 stone in my 30's and 40's so reaching my 50's and finding I was 8-8.5 stone was not accepatable to me. Anyway, I've lost it and that what counts. BUT I still feel a "fraud " compered to some of you who have so much to do. Healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle is what counts so keep at it folks and may all your dream sizes come true!!
:smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ok I know there are so many of you out there with so much to lose and so many of you have done so well already. My heartfelt congrats to each and every one because I know how hard it has been.
    I have only lost 12 -13 lbs (nearly 1 stone which we in Britain tend to use rather than just the pounds).(14lb = 1 stone)
    BUT considering I was in a healthy weight range anyway, theoretically, it has been a long hard slog over the past 10 months on this site to do it. Ounce by ounce.
    I was always very small, weighing around 6 stone to 6.5 stone ( 84-92lbs) in my teens and 20's 7 -7.5 stone in my 30's and 40's so reaching my 50's and finding I was 8-8.5 stone was not accepatable to me. Anyway, I've lost it and that what counts. BUT I still feel a "fraud " compered to some of you who have so much to do. Healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle is what counts so keep at it folks and may all your dream sizes come true!!
    :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wtg!! No matter what you lose the truth is you stuck with it and did it!!! Great Job!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    great job and we are all important on here no matter how much or how little we have to lose. You are doing to great, keep up the great work.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good Job!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your persistance. You have accomplished what you set out to do. That is awesome !!!

Now go out and enjoy a glass of grapes !!!! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jus4Me
    Jus4Me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You blow that trumpet!!

We must celebrate our successes, even the small ones, as it refuels and acknowledges the motivation of "Yes, I CAN do this!! Yes, I AM doing this!"
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!