g'day

Hi all,
I used to be a fitness fanatic when I was in the Army but I really let myself go, this year I've given up drinking alcohal and have made a real go of getting fit again. I have extensive knowledge in working out but really let myself down on the food side, I was eating one main meal a day and that was pretty much it. I have researched a lot on this area and am now snacking more, eating at least 5 times a day, I have also totally cut pop out of my diet, I was drinking litres of soda a day, yuck I know. I like the calorie counter and the food planner here, it will help me out a lot. Ive also gotton back into martial arts twice a week which is good because its more fun than fitness for me.

I am working out twice a day, normally a light session in the gym for half hour in the morning and than heavier at night with at least half an hour of cardio four to five times a week. I want to build my muscle mass while losing fat but I don;t want to gain too much muscle, I already have a good frame and want to tone it up once I build it up a little more and drop the fat. Ive been doing insanity when I can, I am still carrying injuries so it can be testing, I normally do it a few times a week. My main issue is working out without re injuring myself because like I said I am still carrying injuries. On the plus side I am lifting some heavy weight and this doesn't seem to bother me much though I am still being very careful.

I thought Id jump on and introduce myself before I go work out lol, my missus will probably join this as well, she is really supportive and on a fitness kick as well.

Replies

• 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    G'day to you too!
    From Sydney here....glad you've found this site..log ALL your food in HONESTLY!!! Drink your water and exercise too. Find some friends for support perhaps in a similar boat/age group/weight loss goals etcand get the ball and chain involved too!
    All the best
    :flowerforyou:
  • Good luck to both of you! It sounds like you're on the right track already! :)