Where do you stand on eating back your exercise calories?

2»

Replies

• LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    I think this site has alot of very useful info on it......... I think the exercise credits for burned calories is not one of them. They appear to be very over inflated. They give people the power to think they have flown through a mega amount of calories in a flash and now they can do some more packing on the food. Never in my life have I seen a diet where you were alloted a set amount of calories a day and then told you could use more if you burned some extra. I thought the whole ideal of losing weight was to consume less calories and increase your daily activities, thus resulting in weight loss. I am kinda thinking it is sort of setting you up for failure. Maybe if there are failures then all those ads for bypass surgery and other weight loss measures will be tried. Lets just say I am very weary of this practice. I will use the lesser of the choices of exercises given to choose from and then cut the burned calories in half. If I really need those for something special, I will consider using them, but I feel like I am working to hard on this weight loss thing for something like making a mistake in over judging the calories extra I might of burned. If it were that easy to burn calories then alot of us would not be in this shape to begin with.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    prelog your workouts and make sure you achieve the calorie burn before you hit the sack. You will then have all day to spread out the calories appropriately but wont be doing damage by eating too much right before bed.