Go ahead... yell at me!

Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
I'd posted the other night in a rant about feeling obsessed with food and my frustration with watching what I eat,

(here it is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39497-my-rant-of-annoyance-for-tonight )

Well....
Today has been the day from eating hell for me.... and it's not over. I am hoping that by living out this day, tomorrow I can go back to "normal" (whatever that is)

I got a donut and sausage egg 'n cheese croissant for breakfast with my coffee this morning. I also ate the baggie of Quaker Cereal Squares and apple I brought with me to work. I ended up driving a bit today, stopped at a convenience store to use the restroom and bought a diet cherry pepsi and a cadbury egg. Got back to work - they had stuff in the breakroom. I had a chunk of bread pudding and some potato chips. I also ate the baggie of grape tomatoes and baby carrots I'd brought with me to work. (I didn't eat my banana or fat free yogurt - it's still at work) However, on my way home from work I was hungry - although I have no clue why- and decided to run through McDonald's drive-thru and bought a filet of fish meal with a strawberry milkshake. Heck, I'd already eaten everything in sight, what the heck would be the difference?

Came home, felt sick as I always do after eating McDonald's and laid down for awhile... Now my 11 yr old daughter has chosen to go to Cici's pizza/wings/salad/dessert buffet for her honor roll dinner - they have an arcade she likes to play in. So off I go to eat some more! Believe it or not, I'm still feeling kinda hungry and looking forward to it, particularly the wings.

I think today qualifies as following my what my body WANTS and not what it needs.

I seriously hope tomorrow this obsession with bad-for-me food goes away- at least for awhile!

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I'd posted the other night in a rant about feeling obsessed with food and my frustration with watching what I eat,

(here it is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39497-my-rant-of-annoyance-for-tonight )

Well....
    Today has been the day from eating hell for me.... and it's not over. I am hoping that by living out this day, tomorrow I can go back to "normal" (whatever that is)

I got a donut and sausage egg 'n cheese croissant for breakfast with my coffee this morning. I also ate the baggie of Quaker Cereal Squares and apple I brought with me to work. I ended up driving a bit today, stopped at a convenience store to use the restroom and bought a diet cherry pepsi and a cadbury egg. Got back to work - they had stuff in the breakroom. I had a chunk of bread pudding and some potato chips. I also ate the baggie of grape tomatoes and baby carrots I'd brought with me to work. (I didn't eat my banana or fat free yogurt - it's still at work) However, on my way home from work I was hungry - although I have no clue why- and decided to run through McDonald's drive-thru and bought a filet of fish meal with a strawberry milkshake. Heck, I'd already eaten everything in sight, what the heck would be the difference?

Came home, felt sick as I always do after eating McDonald's and laid down for awhile... Now my 11 yr old daughter has chosen to go to Cici's pizza/wings/salad/dessert buffet for her honor roll dinner - they have an arcade she likes to play in. So off I go to eat some more! Believe it or not, I'm still feeling kinda hungry and looking forward to it, particularly the wings.

I think today qualifies as following my what my body WANTS and not what it needs.

I seriously hope tomorrow this obsession with bad-for-me food goes away- at least for awhile!
  • Why yell at you we all goof also. Yesterday was my husbands birthday and I had one glass fo wine to many if ya know what I mean. So today is a new day and I'm being good :bigsmile: So you will too:flowerforyou: Just drink plenty of water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • I went to Mcdonalds today too! I feel sick now and unhappy! I logged my calories for the day and I am way over! oh well...........
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    I know nobody is perfect and we all have our moments, but it seems to me like you are sabotaging yourself.
    I am wondering *why* you want to eat all of those things that you *know* are not good for you and you know eating them is not going to help you reach your goals?? What exactly are you feeling before and after you eat those things?
    Maybe it would be helpful to figure out WHY you are feeling the need to do that... are you feeling lonely, stressed, or that some other area of your life is out of control?
    The bottom line is realizing and understanding that YOU are in control here and YOU have the power to make the decision whether to eat it or not. It's not something that just happens that you have no control over. :flowerforyou: