Has anyone been to Yellowstone?

Options
bonniejo
bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
My family and I are going this summer, and we're planning things to do and stuff. Any suggestions/tips?

Replies

• bonniejo
    Options
    My family and I are going this summer, and we're planning things to do and stuff. Any suggestions/tips?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Sorry, haven't been. We've been talking about going with the boys. Hitting all the weird and funky sites along the way, like the Corn Palace in Iowa and the Heart Attack Grill in Arizona (I'm the only one watching my weight, and it does look like a fun place...). With 4 kids in a van, it can't just be about the destination... We have to have the fun stops along the way.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    no but we want to go next summer too!
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Maybe I'll see you guys there! That would be so random :laugh:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've been to Yellowstone several times, I love it there! One thing that you have to remember is that there is a lot of sulfer so you'll have the taste of egg in the back of your mouth the whole time (you get used to it).

Definately see Old Faithful and the Paint Pots (they're my favorite). Also, this may sound like a given, but just because there is a boardwalk there, don't think it's ok to walk 10 feet next to a bison. Bison move, trails don't. Mainly, though, just relax and have a good time! Yellowstone truely is one of the most beautiful and bizzare places on Earth. You'll love it!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful beautiful place! Coming into and out of the park, drive slooooowly! I hit an elk that ran into the path of my car! Fortunately, no damage to the elk or the car, I was going pretty slow!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I went to Yellowstone in 1995 right after I graduated high school so it has been a while. I loved the geysers and go see Devil's Tower. Very pretty! We saw tons of cute little prarie dogs and other wild animals out there. It was a great trip that I would love to take again. Have fun!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm going camping with my family there also. I wanna see the volcano