You can lose weight on less than 1200 calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    And that is why I have my labs drawn every three to four months, to make sure that I have no deficiencies or issues (it is easier to prevent them, then fix them once they happen), so far so good. If they ever show an issue I will adjust what I am doing, but for now I am happy with the results and so are my doctors and nutritionist.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    On my diary today should I have paid attention to net or just stayed with total food consumed? The calculation I received for TDEE had moderate excercise 3-5 days already in the equation. What do you think?

Oh and I'mn zigzagging so this was the lowest day. Highest day is maintenance or above.

Anyway you know some of my background sooo any comments help.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    And that is why I have my labs drawn every three to four months, to make sure that I have no deficiencies or issues (it is easier to prevent them, then fix them once they happen), so far so good. If they ever show an issue I will adjust what I am doing, but for now I am happy with the results and so are my doctors and nutritionist.

Good for you!
  • jessi32678
    jessi32678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i agree. i'd love to have THAT problem! lol. looking great! :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    On my diary today should I have paid attention to net or just stayed with total food consumed? The calculation I received for TDEE had moderate excercise 3-5 days already in the equation. What do you think?

Oh and I'mn zigzagging so this was the lowest day. Highest day is maintenance or above.

I go with total food consumed. This program on MFP likes to add in burned calories to your adjusted daily budget. I do not eat back burned calories. So I just record my exercise in notes so that my calorie goal is not adjusted.

Looks like you and I have the same goal in common. Good luck to you!
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Good for you!

Indeed, I'm glad your doctors are being so proactive and keeping up to date on this for you. Some people are not as fortunate to have access to regular check ups and a nutritionist to guide them on how to eat healthfully at the 1200 calorie mark, well wishes to you on your journey.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    After just a short period of time to be on the site, I notice 2 popular debate thread, as always:

Undereating vs. eat more

Eat vs not eat back exercise calories
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    After just a short period of time to be on the site, I notice 2 popular debate thread, as always:

Undereating vs. eat more

Yeah I have noticed that too. EveryBODY Is different and will respond differently. I say "find what works for YOUR body"
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    WELL SAID! :)
  • gizmonel
    Options
    Ebby your right on the money! I eat low calories averaging 1200-1500 but I try and to have protein, carbs and fats in there and I also take a greens supplement.

Each body type is different and each brain works differently thats why its so important to go by how you feel mostly but also make sure that your getting in at least the bare essential amino acids if you are working out.
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    all i have done is cut out, pies, crisps, sweat stuff, and cut down on bread and have smaller plate fulls, i have not changed the amount of beer i drink (approx 20 to 30 pints a week) so i save up all my exersize cals for the weekend beer drinking session and i am loosing 2lb per week
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    all i have done is cut out, pies, crisps, sweat stuff, and cut down on bread and have smaller plate fulls, i have not changed the amount of beer i drink (approx 20 to 30 pints a week) so i save up all my exersize cals for the weekend beer drinking session and i am loosing 2lb per week

Alcohol is my trigger. Since I have cut "most" of that out I am finally losing weight.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    When you say DAILY, does that mean we shouldnt do calorie cycling? I dont think our bodies run on a tight 24hour schedule... But I agree with everything else you said... There are too many "thin" people who eat McDonalds one a day and thats it. Wonder how healthy they are? Its not only how much you eat, but what you eat too... Hate when people "well done" diarys when user ate KFC twice and a chocolate bar in the day. Because he was under calorie goal it doesnt mean its good.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When you say DAILY, does that mean we shouldnt do calorie cycling? I dont think our bodies run on a tight 24hour schedule... But I agree with everything else you said... There are too many "thin" people who eat McDonalds one a day and thats it. Wonder how healthy they are? Its not only how much you eat, but what you eat too... Hate when people "well done" diarys when user ate KFC twice and a chocolate bar in the day. Because he was under calorie goal it doesnt mean its good.

No I love calorie cycling and IF, but I still don't think if someone has health and wellness goals as well as physique goals, one should consume less than 1000 per day with strenuous exercise, calorie cycling or not. Now say if it was a rest day/lazy day and you are IF'ing for example, by all means consume 1000-1200, but with that said it comes within logic. I'm specifically speaking about people who aren't petite/short stature, who eat below 1000 NET calories per day after exercising EVERYDAY for weeks on end and do not have balanced diets in their diaries. I apologize to those who eat 1200 per day and that works for them for whatever genetically gifted reason they can restrict themselves for this long and remain healthy, this wasn't meant to offend. I'm just tired of getting friend invites from "thinspiration" type people, asking me to try to "motivate" them. It's frustrating, because you can lose WEIGHT (fat as well as a lot of muscle loss) while eating under 1200 calories per day and being very active, but it's not the way to lose body fat % by strictly under eating for long periods of time, unless they have experience/knowledge of how to properly crash diet, and yes... there is a proper way to crash diet, it's dangerous for long term health issues and sets them up for possible over training/injuries (which forces them to take time off and rebound, more often than not repeating the vicious cycle all over again) from not having their diets set up for that activity level. This also doesn't apply to people who do not do strenuous exercise but rather walk for exercise.
  • gizmonel
    Options
    1000 calories a day is kind of low if you ask me but then again if you are critically obese IE say 400-500 pounds then possibly to get the ball rolling this may be something you would do under a doctors supervision but for the most part anything over 1200 is safe not to say that 1200 is the magic number but it gives you enough volume of food for nutrients.

Some I eat a pretty low calorie diet for 5-6 days a week and eat a surplus 1-2 days a week... Food quality matters. It also depends what you are doing each and every day an athlete would pass out on anything less then 2000 calories mean while a 5'4 male (ME) who trains for 30-60 minutes a day can get away with 1200-1500 on MOST days of the week but not EVERY day.

I do not know where people get the idea that 1200 is magical but for any weird reason if your sick, not mobile possibly 800 is fine I don't know.

I really don't know nothing anymore except my own body! ;)
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nothing reasonable to add, i just want to read later :)
    I eat very low cals because i'm just not hungry and eat clean.
    I'm not losing weight very well either!
  • jessi32678
    jessi32678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I could use some advice. I've only been really watching my eating habits & working out to the Wii Fit just last Wednesday(01/23/13). My weight has really been fluctuating. I'm only 5' tall & am trying to lose 15 lbs or so. Is it normal to fluctuate??? I've actually gained a little bit! Do I just need to keep at it for awhile longer to see results?? I'm eating under calorie goal(not by much)with exercise. I eat every 3-4 hours & don't eat after 6pm. Any help would be great! Thank you!:happy:
  • kats3boys
    Options

Undereating vs. eat more

This and the 1200 calorie bash.
    I am fairly new here too, trying to use the site consistently but honestly scared to post a real question as everything turns into a bash.