Turkey Burgers

Options
Hey everyone!!

So I need some new idea's about how to make turkey burgers!
The ones I make just taste bland
Any ideas?!?!?!?

thanks!!

Replies

• LeoMitchell
    Options
    If your making them from scratch you could trying stuffing them with something. Cheese, mushrooms, onions all work well inside a burger and add a really nice bit of flavor when you bit in to them.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    1.5 lbs ground turkey
    1 small red onion, minced
    1/4 cup minced cilantro
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    kosher salt
    black pepper

Mix together and grill (or cooking method of your choice). This makes 4 burgers. I serve these on whole wheat rolls with lettuce, tomatoes and low-fat cheese (usually cheddar but I've done swiss and provalone as well).

Nutrition facts will be based on how lean of turkey you get (I always get at least 97% in not 99% lean). Just pay attention when buying ground turkey as some is only 70% lean which is just as bad as ground beef!!
  • chefchazz
    Options
    greek spices!!! add chopped olive, green onions, and feta to the meat mix. top w/ tomato and cucumber. :smile:
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Islands Restaurants adds applesauce to theirs and it is really good.
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    we buy the premade jennie O burgers and my husband seasons them w/worcheshire sauce and a little seasoning then i put reduced fat pepper jack cheese on top (60 cal) and mashed avocado instead of mayo and sometimes 2 slices of precooked hormel bacon...yum
  • taraborthwick
    Options
    Hey as a none red meat eatter i mainly use Turkey and turkey mince is my favourite thing to use. I mad the best italian meat balls the other night, but you could use them as burgers too.

You need:
    500gm turkey mince
    2 slices of fresh bread crumbed (i used multi grain)
    1 onion finely diced
    1/4 cup parmasan cheese grated
    1 clove garlic
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1 tsp onion salt
    1 tsp chicken stock powder
    mix it all together in a bowl and form into burgers, or meatballs.
    You can add a little water if you feel they need it to stay together.

for the italian meat balls i cooked the meatballs in a wok (can use a fry pan with a lid.) once ooked through i poured a bottle of nepol sauce over and simmered for about 10-15 mins. you can serv with rice, pasta, cous cous. I served it with spiral pasta and for 1 serve which i had 5 meat balls and 1.5 cup of cooked pasta, it was 595 cal. this might be high for some but witht he other food i had eatten that day i was happy to have it. The actual meatballs alone were only 206 cals.
    Hope this has helped.

xox T
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I throw in some cilantro and green onion, but you could use just about anything. Try some herbs and spices you like. I also like seasonings, like Tony Chacero's Cajun seasoning. Sprinkle a little on top of the burger patty as you add your other condiments.

Also, if you want to stretch your ground turkey and lower the fat count, grate a zucchini and mix it in. You'll never even know it's there. Secret vegetables!
  • Slw2688
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!
    All of these sound great!!!!!

Have a good nite!!!!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I throw in some cilantro and green onion, but you could use just about anything. Try some herbs and spices you like. I also like seasonings, like Tony Chacero's Cajun seasoning. Sprinkle a little on top of the burger patty as you add your other condiments.

Also, if you want to stretch your ground turkey and lower the fat count, grate a zucchini and mix it in. You'll never even know it's there. Secret vegetables!

I have surprisingly not tried Tony's on my turkey burgers!! I know what I'm making this weekend!