Soda and taste buds

Options
So, I've been very good and trying to avoid soda for the last 3 months and now when I look at soda, it makes me kind of sick. I have been generally drinking water, tea or milk. Do your taste buds actually start to change after a while? Everywhere I go, I order water and avoid the sodas. Just don't feel like them any more!

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    So, I've been very good and trying to avoid soda for the last 3 months and now when I look at soda, it makes me kind of sick. I have been generally drinking water, tea or milk. Do your taste buds actually start to change after a while? Everywhere I go, I order water and avoid the sodas. Just don't feel like them any more!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think they do change I know that I cut white bread about 5weeks ago and it totally grosses me now...I used to eat 2-4 slices a day with meals.
  • HeavenllySin
    HeavenllySin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For various reasons they do change - I used to drink regular Pepsi like it was going out of style... but ending up in the hosp for 2 weeks when my diabetes was discovered cured me of that. Now regular soda is too sweet.

I am attempting to give it up all together... but I am not a tea person and drinking water all day gets tiring.
  • Emyko
    Emyko Posts: 12
    Options
    I live on those Dasani flavored waters, which are 0 cal beverages.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I love the Wal Mart brand cherry "Crystal Light" ... it tastes like cherry Kool-Aid and I don't spend a fortune on Splenda ...
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I haven't had Pop for 13 years! I used to drink 2 or 3 a day! Now it gives me a stomach ache and burns my throat!

I also can not stomach the smell or taste of McDonalds... It's been 10 years since I've stepped into a McDonalds

So yes.. I think that your taste buds can change... I've forced mine to change it seems like.:drinker: