post partum gut???

Options
I gave birth to my sweet little baby boy 3 months ago and he stretched my tummy like crazy :cry: how long did it take for mothers like myself to have your tummy tighten back up?? Oh and I will add that I'm breastfeeding and plan too for a while, the weight is being lost but the gut remains

Replies

• riaketty
    riaketty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not what you want to hear, but I'm going on 3 years...

I did have two babies within 18 months though. Not sure if that makes it worse.
  • twinsies041
    Options
    I'm 3.5 months PP (7&8 pound twins) and my gut is 100% gone. I will add that I'm only 20 so things bounce back well but, I've been going at it since 6 weeks pp. It can definitely be done quickly if your willing to work at it pretty hard. Honestly, I don't know if it would just bounce back without TONS of exercise. At least in my case. :) good luck!!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, were there any exercises that you feel worked best??
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    hummm I gave birth to my 6th kid on october 27th 2010 and took this picture october 28th 2011....getting there

6290078720_69c0bbcb66.jpg
    SAM_1313 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    My little boy just turned 1 the other day and I still have the gut... I also have a 3 year old. I keep losing weight but still have the belly... and I'm actually below my pre first baby weight. It is slowly getting better though, so there's light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm going on 3 years too but I had medical issues between birth and now. Plus, it may depend on how you were before baby. Good luck.
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    With my first it took me about 2 years & after the second it took me 3 months. I think if your motivated you'll lose it faster:) Good luck
  • mestacy010
    Options
    hummm I gave birth to my 6th kid on october 27th 2010 and took this picture october 28th 2011....getting there

6290078720_69c0bbcb66.jpg
    SAM_1313 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

Wtg girl, 6th child!! Great job!!
  • dawsonsmom
    Options
    i think its diferent for everyone my son is 1 and 2months and im still working on it and im 22
  • haley_b_87
    Options
    Mine was gone by 5 weeks PP thanks to breastfeeding!
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was in pretty good shape before I got preg & then at 5 mos., out of no where, I was VERY pregnant. I gained around 40 lbs really fast in those next couple months, & it really took a toll on my skin. I have lots of stretch marks, loose skin, & now a c-section scar. I'm not expecting to ever look like I did before I had my baby girl, & I don't expect to ever wear a bikini again. But I'm starting to look a lot better with clothes on. I think if you work on toning, it can get a lot better. I haven't been very regular with exercise lately, but need to mainly for this reason!
  • mestacy010
    Options
    Mine was gone by 5 weeks PP thanks to breastfeeding!
    See I have lost a ton of weight thanks to breastfeeding, but the gut remains!!
  • kendelq
    Options
    First baby - it was gone within three months
    second baby - took 5-6 months
    This time - going on 10 months now and it is NOT getting better
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    in order to lose the gut, you have to lose the fat under the skin and that is why calories counting will help. As far as toning, I really recommend planks!!! They work the core inside out and if you had a separation of your abs, it will help. Do not do crunch.
  • zoikk01
    zoikk01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    With my first I lost all the extra weight in about 3 months from nursing but I still couldn't fit into my old clothes. I think it took about 5/6 months to get everything toned up. I just had baby #2 3 months ago and had to have a c-section so I'm a little bit slower getting back into working out.