Nursing and HRM Question

Options
I have a Polar HRM that I love and have been using for a while. I just had a baby 4 months ago and am nursing. I started getting back to the gym about 2 months ago and have been wearing my HRM but I notice that the strap keeps slipping I lose the heart rate periodically. Prior to having the baby, I've never had a single problem with this HRM so I have 2 questions:

Is this happening because I'm nursing and my boobs are pushing it down?

What can I do to fix this or do I just need to wait until I stop nursing?

Replies

• LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.....
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I am not nursing, but I have a (cough) large chest.

I put the front of the HRM and sensor under the bottom of my bra at the front, and then I pull the back strap down so it's near my waist, this stops it from moving (for me).
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    While I'm not nursing, I use a HRM, I've found I have to put the sharp so it's within my bra, so it can't go anywhere. I found if I put it below my bra then during kickboxing it slips. I still have had some problems with it losing the HR, but this seems to work better.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I guess I should be happy that I've FINALLY got big boobs - even if they are temporary. *sigh*
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just tighten the strap.. they are adjustable after all.

It will loosen up with exercise, so make sure to keep tightening it if it slips it all.