I am new!

Options
Joined Nov 2011

Wed 11/16/11 06:09 PM

Hello everyone....I was diagnosed with Graves disease when I was 21 years old ...I am 42 now....it has been a journey let me tell you...I have a athletic build and great soccer calves...lol ...graves disease is not the blessing ....my legs already look like popeye girl! anyways after the birth of my first son ....I really packed the weight on and then about five years after his birth it started to fall off...I ended up thin again...and was thin all the way up to the birth of my second child... who is now eight...lol... and I have gone up and down but never back to being thin....I have worked out certain times for months ...and loose 5lbs....it is crazy.My last stint was Feb. thru May 2011 and it ended up being 10 lbs.....crazy....I was put on paxil 10 years ago and as of two years ago I smoked from 1998 to 2009..on and off and I finally quit for good and am off the paxil for good as of two months ago...I have just done a cleanse and am starting this process again as everything is in check now...I have a elevated blood pressure and my blood sugar was up a but in the 99-100 range....I took cinnamon and it went back to normal....I also have cholesterol issues and a fatty liver due to the weight gain...all is reversible...if I can drop weight ... but my thyroid...so I am making a go again of it...that is my story ...having a good doctor is key ....and endocrynologist ...if I mispelled it sorry...and making sure you take meds on empty stomach at same time frame everyday and wait a hour until afterwards to eat. looking for support friends this time and glad to have this service to boost success results!

Replies

• Emitchell10
    Options
    I am new to this site as of this week. I started using it on Saturday and I find it very helpful. You can do this one day at a time. Just keep going. :)
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Looks lime you've been through alot. Just log your meals, try to do a workout at least 3 times a week and things will fall in to place. Good luck on your journe and feel free to add me.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    HI and WELCOME!! My mom has both thyroid disease and Graves disease so I can only imagine what you are going through. Just visit the Doc regularly and if you can take your meds at night before bed may help :) That way, if you need to take new ones or any that have side affects, it works through your system while you are sleeping :) Info from many doc's that I have had for my issues :) Other then that.... This is a wonderful site for dropping weight! My friends and I love it and with the support you get from others... It's like a small little family. GOOD LUCK and STICK TO IT!