breakfast

Options
So i think where im really messing up is breakfast does anyone have any quick easy breakfast ideas?

Replies

• Oatmeal is my staple, if you like it(:
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or yogurt parfait (my favorite is Greek yogurt, granola, almond butter, and strawberries)
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    cream of wheat (higher in iron than oatmeal and I'm anemic) with a banana; egg white omelet with veggies and turkey bacon; fruit smoothies (1.5 c frozen fruit, 2/3 c skim milk, 1/2 c fat-free, sugar-free vanilla yogurt)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Gotta start my day with some protein! Egg and whole grain toast. Also like a homemade breakfast bowl...wheat blend pancakes (cut into pieces) , turkey sausage (crumbled), scrambled egg, sugar free syrup.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Don't be afraid of using the whole, natural egg.
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    Eggwhites, fat free cheese, and light bread! about 160 calories
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i do oatmeal a lot, i love mixing unsweetened/natural applesauce into it -- it both cools it down and bulks it up at the same time!
    i also eat a lot of granola bars, i love the Nature Valley peanut butter ones. very filling and satisfying.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Try eating protein in the morning and you'll feel satisfied. I like having protein shakes or lite english muffin w/ 1-2 Tablespoon of peanut butter, eggs (I love veggie egg beaters to make a quick omelet w/ reduced fat cheese). I also like Kashi Go Lean cereals...they're all very filling!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I agree that eggs and whole grains are the way to go. My problem with breakfast is that if I eat the wrong food, I'll be hungry again well before lunch time. If I go for lots of protein and fiber, I tend to stay full a lot longer.

This week, I've been trading off between Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal and eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast. The Kashi is good for whole grains, and it actually does have some protein in it. Most cereals don't have much protein. The eggs are great for protein too, but I like to have them hard boiled because I can cook up enough for a whole week on Sunday night and just peel and eat them before work in the mornings. If I have to cook in the mornings, breakfast simply will not happen. I have to choose foods that are quick and easy.

If you're into greek yogurt, I recommend getting the plain kind and adding your own fruit to reduce the sugar. Greek yogurt has a lot of protein in it. You could also go with cottage cheese.
  • ValerieStokes
    Options
    I am HORRIBLE about having breakfast, because I have such limited time in the mornings. I always want something quick, and a lot of times, it's hard to find something that is fast and healthy. I started doing the Jimmy Dean D-Lights with Canadian Bacon on Honey Wheat Muffin. One sandwich is 230 calories. It also has egg and cheese. Since it's frozen, I take off the cheese before I throw it in the microwave to kill some of the extra fat and calories. It's pretty tasty too. And super fast, which was the bulk of the appeal for me :)
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Dannon Lite & Fit Vanilla yogurt with Kashi Go Lean (honey almond flax) granola, bulked up with whatever fruit I have on hand. Bananas, strawberries, grapes - whatever you like.
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement with all of these suggestions (eggs, oatmeal, etc). If you want something on the go, make a smoothie the night before so you're all set in the morning. Add some frozen fruit, veggies, almond milk, and maybe a little bit of protein powder. Just made mine so I won't be caught out there and tempted by fast food tomorrow morning. :wink:

This is what I made tonight, which is just a little over 300 calories for the ENTIRE pitcher:

2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup of frozen spinach
    1.5 cups of frozen mixed berries
    1/2 cup of orange juice (I was trying to use the last of it and make room in the fridge)
    Optional: 1/2 scoop of protein powder