HELP! I need to get past this set point!

Options
Hello All!

I have been around the same weight for about 4 weeks give or take a little, which is around 164. I really want to keep going and start losing again. I have come to terms with the fact that I will not be losing 2 pounds a week, every week like I was before. I just want to start to see some movement again. I have been eating 1350 calories per day and have been working out and eating the exercise cals back. I was zig zagging cals for a little while before but stopped doing that. Should I go back?? Do I need to change up what I have been eating?? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i exercise 3-5x per week and only eat back about half of my exercise calories.... and i agree with the statement of not losing 2lbs a week I did at first, but it dropped off to about 1 lb. per week (and that's if i'm behaving!!)

Just try SOMETHING different...anything. Start fidgeting more. Do 20 jumping jacks after every bathroom break or something...LOL.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about how many lbs are coming off a week but that they are going in the right direction. As you probably know as you get closer to your goal you weight loss will slow down, you only can lose 2 lbs a week for so long.

If your weight is stalled, you may consider upping your calories to a maintence level and give your body a break and maintain your weight for a couple weeks. Nice treat to have some extra calories and reminder of how lofe will be once you hit your goal. Once your body forgets that you were losing weight drop your calories by 500 and start dropping those lbs again.