SO not a morning person

Options
Help!

I really really have a hard time working out in the morning but due to school and work I am way too tired to have a "good" workout when I get home.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how they get out of bed in the morning to work out? :sad:

Replies

• hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Help!

I really really have a hard time working out in the morning but due to school and work I am way too tired to have a "good" workout when I get home.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how they get out of bed in the morning to work out? :sad:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    get up 7 days a week at your workout time, it sucks, but you start going to bed earlier. Get your sleep in ... and resolve to DVR or miss the later shows. Dinner comes a little earlier ... but that's okay. And if you can't fall asleep one night - a nice bath helps :)
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Your just gonna have to tough it out for ONE day...ONE DAY!!!! lol. Seriously though. First day I started training I woke up at 4:30 a.m. - It was easy for me because I was already motivated. And needless to say I worked out, ate breakfast, watched my news, went to work, came home, ate dinner, watched my shows and went to bed by 9 lol....I was EXHAUSTED so it was easy to go to sleep! Now, my body has pretty much just fallen into that routine, and I get very grumpy if I get out of that routine now!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the new clock that takes off across the floor when the alarm goes off and you have to chase it to turn it off??? I'd find one of those if I were you:bigsmile:

I think they have one that flies too:laugh:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Here's the clock....
    http://www.alarmclocksonline.com/Clocky.htm

Pretty cool!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Here's the clock....

Pretty cool!

I may just have to do this!

Thanks for all the help....I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning :laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the new clock that takes off across the floor when the alarm goes off and you have to chase it to turn it off??? I'd find one of those if I were you:bigsmile:

I think they have one that flies too:laugh:

LULUBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this idea.........how cute is that! I see it now my nudity patooty chasing a clock around the bedroom.......

HAHAHAHAHA

GO GREEN
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    get up 7 days a week at your workout time, it sucks, but you start going to bed earlier. Get your sleep in ... and resolve to DVR or miss the later shows. Dinner comes a little earlier ... but that's okay. And if you can't fall asleep one night - a nice bath helps :)

Very sound advice. I'm not a morning person at all. BUT, I do know if above is followed, I too am more apt to get some exercise done in the morning. :happy:

That run away alarm clock is a hoot!!! So funny. It looks like a face too on the front of it. Oh, the stuff we find it and learn on MFP. It's never a dull day here!! :laugh: What a funny way to start the day.
  • Coach2010
    Options
    It's tough to do...but don't try to do too much in the A.M.
    Take a stab at a set of exercises that will get you going
    in less than 30 mins.

There's more than enough 10 min video references; or,
    make up your own.

You get the calories burning, and you get a good dose of
    energy for your day.

Also, don't underestimate your time at school. Perhaps you
    can do a 30 min run and shower after class...hmmm...you
    may be able to do the same at work (just need to have your
    gear with you at all times).

Aannnyyywayyy....start with 30 mins, and start working in some
    additional time per week...say, 5 mins. Soon you'll be up to an
    hour.

By the by, you'll need to ensure you get enough sleep ahead of
    time. I always tell my team(s) that they need to get ready for bed
    nine (9) hours before they need to wake up. That takes into consideration,
    reading, decompressing, and just plain not sleeping ~ so...I figure
    the typical person gets 7 -8 hours of sleep.

Hope this helps! Cheers! :drinker:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Thanks for all your help!

Tomorrow is day one, I will be doing a shorter workout and save my P90x for at night.

Ill keep everyone updated on how it goes :yawn:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Here's the clock....

Pretty cool!

Leave it to LULU to have the funniest and most practical solution!!
    That is just plain awesome!! I so need one of those!!