Wii Fit vs. Xbox Kinect

Options
Can anybody tell me what they think of these systems?? I was going to ask for the Wii Fit for christmas bc it's cheaper, but now i see that the Xbox + Kinect bundle package is on sale. I'm sure there are already posts on this somewhere, i'll look for them now, but if anyone has any helpful opinions, please let me know.

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have both...I prefer the Xbox for workouts for sure. No controller and its easier to do the moves correctly.
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had the wii fit and loved it but then sold that and got the Xbox kinect and love that more :-) so much easyer with no controller
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have an Xbox Kinect and I love-love it. No controller required which is nice when you're trying to work out and it has a variety of exercise and dance games. I personally have the zumba game and dance central, I like doing them both, but there are other actual workout games available.
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    does anyone know anything about the hard drive of the xbox?? the one in the bundle is small, but i know the xbox comes in huge capacities like 250 GB. is the crazy large amount of memory necessary??
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 250g hard drive just gives u lots off space for music a well as game saves
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to be doing much with the xbox it's not necessary. It allows for online games to be downloaded as well as music, and game info etc.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have the room to use the xbox. I had a friend buy one and then have to sell it because their living room was too small and they couldn't use the kinect properly.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I love the Kinect!! The Wii Fit was pretty boring after I got Kinect. Dance Central and Zumba are good workout games but there are other fun games that get you moving around (Fruit Ninja is a personal favourite).

The 250gb is only really necessary if you are a serious gamer, you will be ok with a small one if you are only using it for a few games/kinect.

Also, I think someone above said; make sure your room is big enough before getting one. I have to move my furniture around every time I want to play mine. My play space after furniture is moved is around 10ft from the kinect to the wall.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have the room to use the xbox. I had a friend buy one and then have to sell it because their living room was too small and they couldn't use the kinect properly.

Get the wall mount for a smaller space. You can gain an extra foot or more if you mount it at about 6 feet. It can really make the difference when it comes to a smaller room.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    The Kinect is much more awesome b/c you don't need any type of controllers for the Kinect games, the system literally watches your body movements to control the game. And it REALLY gets you moving. There are some great workout games and also other games that are not specifically 'called' workout games but will still get you moving and get your heartrate up!
  • djanvk
    djanvk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the votes for the Kinect. Dance Central will get you sweating, actually I got seriously breathing hard and broke a good sweat doing the Track and Field in Kinect sports....that was fun.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the Kinect is much more fun than the Wii. I've used both for exercising and I felt like the Kinect gave me more activity and made me work harder...especially the Kinect Adventures! I am terrible with controllers and I cannot play regular video games so the Kinect was a shoe-in for me.