can a person lose 23lbs in 5weeks?

Options
2»

Replies

• fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    If sugar is death to diabetics why cant carbs be bad for weight gain in others? They recently changed the government food pyramid. So if I eat the way that is claimed on her (and I have) and I gain weight I should keep doing this and gian more weight? I think she should adjust to what her body needs and not how everyone tells her to. I'm healthy and eating more never made me lose weight I always gained. But then that is me and not anybody else is me. Some people (my mom, I'm adopted) needs to eat more to lose weight. The important thing is to live life to the fullest and not to be obsessed with food so much as utilize it as a tool to help you to be your best. Every body is different, kinda like being an individual finger print of God. Since my uncle died from cancer and I watched his family go through the healing process it's much more about living than going by anyone persons guidelines for how I should do life especially since my body is not capable of doing it the way suggested. Food is a blessing.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Even though we are eating more, it doesn't mean we aren't eating healthy. I think the majority of us on here ARE eating healthy. Lots of veggies and lean meats. We're not going over in sugars or sodiums yet we still meet our calorie goal. You are only netting 50 calories, thats INSANE. You need to net at leasttt 1200 calories a day
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Even though we are eating more, it doesn't mean we aren't eating healthy. I think the majority of us on here ARE eating healthy. Lots of veggies and lean meats. We're not going over in sugars or sodiums yet we still meet our calorie goal. You are only netting 50 calories, thats INSANE. You need to net at leasttt 1200 calories a day
    So if I eat the way that is claimed on her (and I have killing myself working out and eating 1200 +) and I gain weight I should keep doing this and gian more weight? I'm just saying this may not work for her and that is ok. All body's are different with individual needs. It is why guys get more calories but then the same goes for guys that they are also individual. I see a lot of you have to on here vs this is what I do. I don't think telling what to do vs suggestion is helpful. If she does do this and it works Godbless her and her diligent efforts. I just think there needs to be more suggestion and less you need to.
  • warren1990
    Options
    My story (hope it helps) is started the South Beach in Jan. and only cooked and ate the items these books recommended then started P90x in March. after hitting a wall i started myfitnesspal in August to get over the hump. So with these 3 programs i am down 80lbs and still losing! Good luck
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So if I eat the way that is claimed on her (and I have killing myself working out and eating 1200 +) and I gain weight I should keep doing this and gian more weight? I'm just saying this may not work for her and that is ok. All body's are different with individual needs. It is why guys get more calories but then the same goes for guys that they are also individual. I see a lot of you have to on here vs this is what I do. I don't think telling what to do vs suggestion is helpful. If she does do this and it works Godbless her and her diligent efforts. I just think there needs to be more suggestion and less you need to.

If you are saying she is gaining weight when only netting 50 calories, its obvious she's not eating enough
  • mikeb456
    mikeb456 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7 kg (15lbs) in 25 days so it is easily possible. I am not starving myself, just eating 1200 of the 1500 I'm "allowed".
  • fit4mom
    Options

Now i weigh 120lbs., based on my calorie counter i'm allowed to eat 1200 calories per day but i only consume 850 calories per day then i usually burn 700 calories a day.. What do you think about my daily diet routine? Is it possible for me to lose 5kg in 5weeks?

Can you give me some suggestions to help on this.. ;)
    She said 850 not 50
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    white rice (I'm assuming it was white) is empty carbs, hot dog sausages are full of salt and fat, frying the egg wasn't the best solution either!

You'd be better cutting the carbs and swapping hot dogs for healthier meat and fish options chicken, turkey, fish (not battered) tinned meats tend to be very high in salt, tinned fish like tuna or mackerel is better if you can't afford fresh. Frozen is ok as its usually frozen from fresh so all the goodness is preserved in the freezing process. frozen veg is ok too if its cheaper for you to bulk buy as fresh veg tends to go off quicker if there's only you in the house to get through it all.

Try a healthy cereal for breakfast, reducing amount of bread you eat, salad for lunch (tinned soups can be very salty too so be careful) and vegetables with a portion of chicken or turkey breast of fish (without batter on), you can buy those bake in the bag ones.. if you go to supermarket they can do you a portion in a bag to put in oven or there are some frozen ones available.. 'Birds Eye Baked to Perfection range'

restrict processed carbs such as white bread, white rice, white potatoes, pasta. maybe allow one of them once a week if your desperate as your treat meal. Quickest way to drop weight is drop carbs but then re-introduce slowly or you just pile the weight back on if you go from eating none to eating them everyday again.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    please don't start down this path! it is sososososo awful trying to dig yourself out of this kind of hole, and you'll cave somedays and hate yourself for it. i dont mean to scare you, just discourage you from such an unhealthy path. right now, im in recovery for anorexia and netting 150 calories a day isnt nearly enough to just keep your organs functioning. they start to slowly give out and you're always tired and cold and really really grumpy. its f*cking hell on earth and the longer you starve, the harder it is to stop. so please please please stop now. eat your full 1200 at the very least!!! if youre gonna burn 700 then at least try to eat back half of those calories burned!:heart:
  • Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't think aiming to be 97lbs is healthy for anyone....except maybe my 13 year old son......

You need to eat more.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Your definitely not eating enough and definitely losing weight the unhealthy way. Eat MORE so your body get all the nutrients it needs, which is no less then 1200 cals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fit4mom
    Options
    So tired of this. Eat healthy not more. Make sure you get the nutrients not the more. Make sure your food is quality not quantity. Truth is you could supplement with meat and eat more veggies and not have to pack in the food. Make sure your getting the best bang for your bucks food/ calorie wise.