HALF WAY TO MY GOAL!!!!

Options
shanwow16
shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
I was starting to think I was never going to get past 153, today I weighed in at 150 and am officially half way to my summertime goal!!!!!

I feel great, my body is changing in appearance and strength and clothes are fitting me differently!
Can't wait to lose the next 20 lbs!! Hoooooraaaay!!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• shanwow16
    Options
    I was starting to think I was never going to get past 153, today I weighed in at 150 and am officially half way to my summertime goal!!!!!

I feel great, my body is changing in appearance and strength and clothes are fitting me differently!
    Can't wait to lose the next 20 lbs!! Hoooooraaaay!!!!:bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WTG!!:flowerforyou:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good job! How are you doing it? Cutting down on portions, fat, calories, adding exercise?:drinker:
  • shanwow16
    Options
    Good job! How are you doing it? Cutting down on portions, fat, calories, adding exercise?:drinker:

I religiously log my daily food EVERY single day. I exercise 3-5 times a week, do a lot of strength training classes such as The Firm & Pilates and do home videos such as 30 Day Shred & Biggest Loser Cardiomax.
    It's been a slow process (5 months so far), but well worth it. I still eat most of the same things I always did (minus fast food & junk food like chips, pop)....just watch my portions, the fat & sugar content and only drink water, zero cal drinks or tea and I've just recently been monitoring my fiber intake as well.

The next 20 I'm sure will be a challenge in itself, time to turn it up a notch and maybe change things a little!
  • danarochelle
    Options
    Ok, cool! I will take some of that advice. I've been having a really rough time with willpower lately. I have been wanting to do the 30 day shred but have to buy the DVD. Would you recommend it for someone who's been plateauing for months? I really need to get back in shape, I want to have a great summer and not have to focus so much on losing weight, ya know?! The treadmill isn't working anymore and I am struggling with the water intake, although I plan on starting tomorrow.

Thanks for the info! Good luck with the next 20! I'll be working on my 25 in time for summer!::glasses:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shanwow16
    Options
    I like the 30 day shred, the first week or so will be killer for you.....but if you keep up with it, it will get easier. I just moved on to level 2 actually. I haven't been doing it back to back, I usually do it on the days I don't go to the gym.

Strength training is key in weight loss though, not sure if you are a member of a gym....if you are than you should check out some of their classes! OR, warm up on the bike for 5-10 minutes, go over and do some free weights or the circuit and then finish with about 25-30 minutes on a cardio machine. Try to change up your routine every 4-5 weeks and when doing the cardio try doing intervals.
    For example, when I do the treadmill, I warm up for 5 mins at 3.0 mph and work my way up to 4.0 mph - then I move it up to 5.0 mph at a light jog and for 5 mins I increase the speed a couple notches until I'm running at around 6.0 mph, then take it back down to 4.0 mph for another 5 mins, go back to jogging and finish with a walk and cool down. It makes the time on the treadmill go by so much quicker - trust me....I HATE just starring blankly at a machine screen or a wall...:laugh:
  • danarochelle
    Options
    I will change up my routine and buy the DVD, I think it's only $8 at WalMart. I will keep up with it. I've only got 4 months to lose the weight, so I've gotta bust my butt! I've been slacking for WAY too long. I dont mind the treadmill but I just don't think it's working anymore.l think my body is too used to it.

Thanks again!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Congrats! 1/2 way to your goal. Yeah, isn't neat how Mike ( MFP founder ) configured the tickers to show the 1/2 mark there. Really neat. Good for you. Keep going and tks for sharing your success.:happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Awesome job! you can do it!:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!! Keep up the good work!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go great job.
  • shanwow16
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! Same to you too...all of you keep up the good work and take it one day at a time!!:smile:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!!:drinker: Congrats to you!!:flowerforyou: I cant wait until I can say Im at my half way mark:wink: lol Way to go!!:drinker:
    ~Roni
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!