So young - So tough

Options
I just had my 21st birthday, and it's really interfering with my diet plans. I've just started dieting and going to the gym, as well as seeing my personal trainer, who gives me advice on how I should eat, how to exercise, etc. However my biggest enemy, is food. I enjoy many types of food, and I find myself cheating consistently (even if it's a super teeny portion, i still feel the regret).

On top of that, I enjoy going out to places now, with my newly obtained 'freedom', and knowing how unhealthy drinking ANY type of alcoholic beverage can be, is really discouraging. So not only do I cheat every so often with a cookie, or popcorn, I now have that to worry about. Should I be as worried about this, as I am? I only have 15lbs to lose, but I suppose it just depends on how seriously I want to lose that weight.

I need to remember though. This isn't a diet anymore, it's a lifestyle.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Nope, just fit that stuff in your macros and you are golden
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I dont think you need to worry unless you are doing it constantly, and going over all your calorie intake and your sodium level is always out of wack. I would say once a week a cheat day is good to do... I only drink at least 4x a year sometimes more depending on ocassions. In 2011, I have only drank 3x so far and will drink again this Saturday because my cousin's getting married! :) I would say try to drink at least one cup of water for every beverage that has calories in or so.
  • sebbole
    sebbole Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try allowing yourself a cheat meal here and there. And if you want to splurge and have a cookie, make sure it fits into your calories for that day. Thats what I do. Also, if I'm going somewhere where there is going to be drinking, I allow myself one or two drinks. And I'm usually always satisfied with that. It just comes down to discipline. I'm also kind of new to MFP and need to lose 20-30 pounds. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Nope, just fit that stuff in your macros and you are golden

.This^, following your calorie goal and reaching your macros is what matters
  • sunnyzephyr
    Options
    Personally, I think that just because we are dieting and trying to lose weight, there is no need to be miserable. My ultimate goal is not to be super skinny, its to be happy with myself and my body. So you can watch your diet but still enjoy treats every now and then. Being aware of your calories helps quite a bit by itself. And if you want to enjoy your freedom and go out, just dance your *kitten* off while you're there! Dancing is a great way to exercise and its fun! Don't beat yourself up too much. Something else that helped me (as a person who LOVES food) was picking one treat. That way I allow myself to cheat, but it is still somewhat monitered and I don't feel so guilty about it.