I refuse to throw in my beach towel!

Options
The only thing I'm proud of at the moment is that I have logged into MFP for 35 days in a row LMAO. I feel pathetic that I do not have an exercise routine all I have are excuses for not exercising, I need a swift kick in the *kitten* from Jillian. That being said I refuse to throw in my beach towel, I'm tired of being this way! I'll take all the tips, tricks and motivation you guys got, hit me with it! lol:tongue:

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You should make it a goal to get 500 minutes of exercise before the end of the month! Thats how I kicked my own booty into gear for exercise every week. I joined a 1k minutes of cardio exercise in November challenge (I already do a lot of strength training, lacked in cardio) so every time I do something like Zumba or even Pilates, I log it as cardio exercise :D So far I've done 501 minutes. If you make it any exercise at all you can kick your butt to make that number!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Straight forward tactic >>>>>Mk, keep giving those excuses and you will look like me. :) I went years with excuses....and look where that got me! Make it a point to get off your butt and do something! Exercise leads to endorphins....Endorphins lead to happy.....Do you want to be happy :bigsmile: or Sad :sad:

And by get off your butt and do something...if you dont already have an excuse not to. <<<<Passive aggressive tactic
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    Love that idea!
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    Straight forward tactic >>>>>Mk, keep giving those excuses and you will look like me. :) I went years with excuses....and look where that got me! Make it a point to get off your butt and do something! Exercise leads to endorphins....Endorphins lead to happy.....Do you want to be happy :bigsmile: or Sad :sad:

And by get off your butt and do something...if you dont already have an excuse not to. <<<<Passive aggressive tactic

Thank you! I hate always giving excuses to myself I'm always saying tomorrow tomorrow..
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm in that rutt now. I try to keep the weight at least steady just with diet, but at some point it will be inevitable...we'll need to exercise. I have no doubt you can do it. My question is, what's stopping you? What's your brick wall?

"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people." - Randy Pausch
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'm proud of at the moment is that I have logged into MFP for 35 days in a row LMAO. I feel pathetic that I do not have an exercise routine all I have are excuses for not exercising, I need a swift kick in the *kitten* from Jillian. That being said I refuse to throw in my beach towel, I'm tired of being this way! I'll take all the tips, tricks and motivation you guys got, hit me with it! lol:tongue:

Carry around a pic of the body you are striving for, get a gym partner, hide your sell in your closet so you'll be force to stand up in the mornings...after 3 weeks you should be in routine.
  • kps1104
    Options
    the best advice I can give you is to find a class or something that you enjoy and then it will be easier to workout. Personally I enjoy going to zumba classes 3 times a week, I love it! Not only is it tons of fun, I get to hang out with my friends that all have the same goal in mind :) No judgement, just fun! I also added in turbo fire to my routine...and as much as it hurts and I am sore, I have noticed a change in my body, more measurements going down than weight loss. Not only that my husband and friends have commented as well, once you begin to see changes, the excuses begin to get frequent because you will love taking time for yourself and getting healthy. Just keep with it and don't give up :)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You've got to really want to make a difference. You need to get some motivation, yes, but you need to keep that motivation for months (not sure how much you have to lose). Make it something you enjoy or you'll not stick to it, and do different things to keep it interesting. Make sure you have one or two days off from exercise to let your body rest, or again you'll not stick to it.

I found that treats for reaching goals are a big motivation for me. New clothes, handbag, holiday etc, whatever does it for you!! Almost 2 stone down and I feel amazing! Lot more energy, which I'm loving and to be honest, my husband is certainly not complaining about that :blushing:

You have to do it for yourself, I'm just annoyed I didn't do it long before now! You can do it!!!! :happy:
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Joining a couple of challenges has definitely kept me to an exercise routine - if I don't meet my goals I feel like I've let myself down big time!

This is a weekly one if you don't feel ready to sign up for anything long term yet:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/394738-3500-calories-burned-challenge-11-14-11-20

At the end of each week a link is posted for the new week.
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm in that rutt now. I try to keep the weight at least steady just with diet, but at some point it will be inevitable...we'll need to exercise. I have no doubt you can do it. My question is, what's stopping you? What's your brick wall?

"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people." - Randy Pausch

Hmmm good thought I will have to figure out my brick wall there is definitely one. Some of my excuses are it's cold outside, my house is to small for exercise equipment, I'm to poor to pay for a membership and even if I had one I hate driving to a gym. I have every excuse in the book. I love doing art maybe I should invent an exercise that includes doing art (painting)? Sounds weird I know..
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    You've got to really want to make a difference. You need to get some motivation, yes, but you need to keep that motivation for months (not sure how much you have to lose). Make it something you enjoy or you'll not stick to it, and do different things to keep it interesting. Make sure you have one or two days off from exercise to let your body rest, or again you'll not stick to it.

I found that treats for reaching goals are a big motivation for me. New clothes, handbag, holiday etc, whatever does it for you!! Almost 2 stone down and I feel amazing! Lot more energy, which I'm loving and to be honest, my husband is certainly not complaining about that :blushing:

You have to do it for yourself, I'm just annoyed I didn't do it long before now! You can do it!!!! :happy:

Thank you I agree doing things I like doing, also thank you for saying "I'm just annoyed I didn't do it long before now" I need to remember that! Don't wait to be happy!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    MY REASON FOR GETTING IN SHAPE AND PERSONAL MOTIVATION:
    DIABETES TYPE 2 AND HIGH CHOLESTEROL AT AGE 32

this literally scared me into getting into shape...if you dont want to wind up with diseases and a life of regret, get started now.....the only person that can do it is you.....its a cliche, but its the truth....you can do it, just make sure you DO IT......
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    and ive lost 30 lbs since april...im done now..hehehe
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    "Carry around a pic of the body you are striving for"

Good idea maybe I'll make a dream board!
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    and ive lost 30 lbs since april...im done now..hehehe

Love it!
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    Thank you everyone I'm feeling better already!