Japanese snacks...

Options
So as a part of my diet, I gave up a lot of my favorite Japanese snacks. I know Japanese snacks (well the deserts ones anyway) are notorious for being calorie/carb/sugar heavy...but occasionally I wish I could indulge in moderation. Are there any sites where I can get accurate info on Japanese snack foods? I know the ones they send over usually have a translation in the back of the package, but I'm never sure how accurate they are- plus there's always a few I enjoyed WITHOUT any info on them. Thank you!

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Why can't you indulge anymore? Why are you on a 'diet'. Diets fail. If you want one, work it into your diary by doing the extra exercise or giving up something else that day. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to enjoy life, enjoy eating and indulge. But you don't need to go overboard. I would use the generics that are in the food list for "bean paste" and be confident that you are not depriving yourself of something you love. I too, love the sesame covered pean paste balls, and with 3 asian stores near my house, they're hard to pass up. YUM!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    100% agree with Becky!!!!:drinker:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Why can't you indulge anymore? Why are you on a 'diet'. Diets fail. If you want one, work it into your diary by doing the extra exercise or giving up something else that day. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to enjoy life, enjoy eating and indulge. But you don't need to go overboard. I would use the generics that are in the food list for "bean paste" and be confident that you are not depriving yourself of something you love. I too, love the sesame covered pean paste balls, and with 3 asian stores near my house, they're hard to pass up. YUM!
    completely agree. This site is not a diet it is a lifestyle change. Just work the snacks into your routine without over indulging.
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    I do indulge as a reward -- but I've gotten into the habbit of avoiding foods without solid nutrition information. I'm talking more of their snack foods like their cakes and cream puffs. Also, don't even get me started on how awesome their chocolates and chips are. I guess my OCD makes me want to be a little TOO specific when it comes to my calorie counts. I guess it freaks me out because I'm afraid I'll fall back into my old patterns of eating to much and indulging to much.
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    Agreed guys! ^_^ You're right- I guess I keep forgetting that this isn't only about me getting to my goal weight but also incorporating my love of ethnic foods into my regular diet- without going over board.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Can you give us a couple of examples of what you mean by Japanese snacks