Kelloggs just right..... is wrong!

Options
I purchased a box of kelloggs just wrong,,,, they call it just right. I opened the box and found that the cereal was only 3 inches max if that from the bottom of the box! It was not even half full! not even close. I showed it to my coworker and hes like thats wrong.... I cant belive that companys selling healthy foods charge outragous prices as its more then other cereals yet put little but air in the box.... my rant is over just Kashi bars are like almost 5 dollars here cereals ment for health about the same. Diets are expensive!

Replies

• nevertellen34
    Options
    I purchased a box of kelloggs just wrong,,,, they call it just right. I opened the box and found that the cereal was only 3 inches max if that from the bottom of the box! It was not even half full! not even close. I showed it to my coworker and hes like thats wrong.... I cant belive that companys selling healthy foods charge outragous prices as its more then other cereals yet put little but air in the box.... my rant is over just Kashi bars are like almost 5 dollars here cereals ment for health about the same. Diets are expensive!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    hah that's too funny... they're packed by weight though not volume and I think just right probably settles in shipping because of it's consistancy. Still sucks though!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Isn't that insane? That would make me so mad, I would have marched right back down to the store and showed it to the manager and demanded my $$ back!!

To take it one step further, YES, it is expensive caring for yourself, isn't it, and that makes me even madder. I remember the days when it was cheap to eat vegetables grown in your own garden or purchased from your local farmers market. Nowadays it costs as much as a small third-world country to nourish yourself, and the simpler you try to keep it, the more it costs.

What I don't get is WHY??
    I think the powers that be are in cahoots together to keep Americans fat, and the cost of medicine high. But then again, I digress and am on the slippery slope towards starting a political discussion, so I'll shut up for now.

I appreciate your rant and agree 100%.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    They are packed by weight. Did you weigh the bag to see if it matched the oz. on the box.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just saw something on the news talking about how companies are putting familar products in smaller packages with all the labeling and pricing the same. So the 6oz can of tuna I used to buy is now in a 5 oz can....that looks exactly the same as the 6oz can :angry: So Bumblebee tuna thinks I am too dense to realize the can shrunk and I am now paying more for my tuna. The comment on the news article was that companies are reducing the size of the packages to keep from having to charge us more at the grocery store. Um..hello...I paid $1.50 2 months ago for 6 oz tuna and now I'm paying 1.50 for 5 oz...you ARE charging me more! :grumble: :grumble: Highly annoying..Kellogs probably put less volume in the same box you used to buy:grumble: :grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's just settled to the bottom is all...they could've used a smaller box, but they'd but the same mass of cereal in it. If you got two boxes of the same dimensions, but one was filled with puffed rice and the other was filled with dry rice, you'd actually be getting more dried rice even though the puffed rice would look more pull. The puffed rice would just be full of air and would allow a lot of air between each kernel. The dry rice would be more dense and have more mass. No one's trying to dupe you (unless the weight is indeed wrong).
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    They keep making the packaging to have less and less in there and charge us more and more. :grumble:
  • Emyko
    Emyko Posts: 12
    Options
    I've also noticed companies reducing the size of a "serving size" until they can say "less than 10 calories" or "less than 1 carb" (or whatever.) The product isn't healthier, they're just dividing into smaller portions. This really steams me when a product that comes in a CAN, like soda, and contains multiple servings. Are they suggesting we drink half and pour the rest into a tupperware for later? One can should be one serving!
  • presariofaded
    Options
    haha, i've noticed that too! same with the fruit snacks I get at lunch, it's just one package but contains 2.5 servings. :noway: what the heckk!? They shouldn't put more than one serving in a package that isn't easy to save for later. and your right, it doesn't make it any healthier, it might help some people with portion control but still :mad:
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Its all just a conspiracy. The major food producers will do ANYTHING to make a profit, even at the consumers expense. They either own or are partners with the same companies that sell cigarettes, alcohol, and OTC & prescription drugs...

They must force us to pay more for the healthy stuff because it will mean less medication sold down the road. They market the bad stuff to us to stay in business. They add artificial crap to all the bad stuff to make it taste so good and have an "addictive" effect so that we will keep purchasing it. Because they want $$$.

It's unfortunate, but it's the way things are.:indifferent:
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    found a Kellogg' s cereal that is good actually and the box is full called Kellogg' s satisfaction.. had some tonight recommend that one for sure. Yeah they will do anything now to say there low fat always have to watch that sodium content and sugar too! Most expensive cereal I see is Kashi go lean ouch!!!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I discovered this years ago when I realized that a serving was only ONE Pop Tart! But why do they put 2 in a pack? Does anyone really put the other one aside for the next day?!?!?!?!?!?:grumble: :noway:
  • presariofaded
    Options
    I discovered this years ago when I realized that a serving was only ONE Pop Tart! But why do they put 2 in a pack? Does anyone really put the other one aside for the next day?!?!?!?!?!?:grumble: :noway:

lol, well I do. :embarassed: Not all the time, but usually I'm not that hungry in the morning.
    But I eat both servings of Ramen noodles. (I can't believe there is two servings in there haha)