I Can...And I Will

Options
Hi everyone! I just started on here on Monday, so this is all pretty new to me. I currently weigh about 340 lbs and I this is the heaviest I've ever been. Can I just say that I hate being overweight like I am? I mean, sure, in some aspects it's easy because I eat whatever I want and am lazy all day. I just feel like life should be more than just *easy*. I want to be able to ride the rides when I go with my friends to Six Flags. I don't want to have to make up some lame excuse as to why I hate a certain ride (which turns out to be all of them) and I don't have to go through the embarrassment of not fitting in the ride when I give into my friends pleas that I join them. I was teased all throughout school for how heavy I was. Now, if I see someone from my high school class, I usually duck and run because I am embarrassed for them to see how far I've let my weight go. All of this sucks, but the worst part about it is not feeling comfortable in anything I wear, and feeling like a total bum because I'm not doing anything to change it. Oh, and the joint pain doesn't help either.

Well, that stops here. I've started using the tools on this website to keep track of and monitor my calorie intake. I also have started exercising at my college's fitness center. I will win this weight battle. My best friend's wedding is late next year, and I want to feel like I am at least making progress by the time I have to start dress fittings. That is totally doable.

If you want to, add me as a friend, cause I can use all the support I can get! (And I can give support too!!)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well, the way I see it, by you realizing that this is the time to make changes in your life, you will do it! It is going to be hard, but I guarantee, once you start seeing the results, you'll keep at it. Just know that, it will be tough, and there will be days that you don't see any changes, but don't let that bother you. It will happen as long as you keep at it. Add me as a friend if you'd like! Good luck!
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I hear that! Sounds very very familiar. This year I went to Disneyland for the first time and space mountain blew my tiny mind!

You can do it! *add sent*
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Request sent. You can sooo do this! Make it a good day!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF. You came to the right place.

I will send you a friend request.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    you can do this, i know abit of how you feel i was embarassed about how i looked now im starting to feel great and more confident again. this app really works ive tried many things in the past but now ive lost 2 stone the most i have ever lost on a weight management plan and it feels great. feel free to add me.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You so will do it! You sound like you've got a great attitude and the determination to go with it. Set yourself some mini goals, so you have plenty to celebrate along the way. And add me as a friend if you like,
    Lindsay
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well done for making good changes and choices in your life...and welcombe to this great site..i wll add you to give you support xx
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You will do it! Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want, best to you on your journey!!

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to what you said about feeling comfortable in my own skin. 58 lbs ago I never felt comfortable, just big and tired all the time. Take it one choice at a time and remember to be good to yourself in your thoughts, words and actions. You can do this!! Friend request sent! :flowerforyou: