I'm sick! I want to ...

Options
lay in bed and drink orange juice & eat chicken noodle soup all day ... and those are almost empty calories.

What have y'all done when you're sick?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    lay in bed and drink orange juice & eat chicken noodle soup all day ... and those are almost empty calories.

What have y'all done when you're sick?
  • blondy230780
    blondy230780 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Green or peppermint tea works for me!! :)
  • MattySparky
    Options
    get lots of rest, drink LOTS of water and eat some healthy food.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories when I'm sick. Your body needs those calories to heal itself. FYI REAL orange juice and chicken soup are not empty calories at all. You say that like you're taking about a candy bar or something.
  • Julie837
    Options
    Do you have a fever? In which case you're doing the right thing, and those are not "empty calories", they are giving you essential nutrients. After I'm sick i notice I end up with a "shrunken" stomach for a few days, which is a boon for getting back on a diet. Get well soon! Julie
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not only is chicken soup not empty calories, it has been proven in reseach to help with colds. Not only reduces the activity of the little germies, but rehydrates and gives you some basic simple nutrients your body needs to fight off said little germies. OJ will do the same thing...rehydrate and give your body anti-germie fuel..So rest, chicken soup and oj away.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    drink the OJ and the soup!! The fever will burn off the calories--and I bet you don't have much of an appetite for meat and potatoes anyway!! One or two days is not what screws us up!