Starting to get discouraged....

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My first month I went to my doctor. He weighed me, and I was:cry: because I only lost 3 pounds.
    My doctor was :bigsmile: :bigsmile: . I mean he was so happy! He said that is the PERfect way to lose weight.

CHANGE is about the rest of your life. Being healthy, showing your husband, kids, neighbors, parents the right way to eat and live longer.

My doctor was smiling even more when he called with my test results. in 1 month, 3 pounds and my level dropped from 297 to 207!!!! That is amazing!

Do not dispair. Continue on this new road and you will see there are many fun things along the way, and a great prize at the end. HEALTH!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and eating great for a month now and I have only lost 4 lbs I am starting to think I will never lose all the weight. I do cardio 5 days a week sometimes more with strength training 2-3 days a week. I feel like I have lost inches but not much and only in a few spots. I have also started to realize, I seem to be losing inches more on one side of my body and not the other.
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

I have a lot of weight to lose and I don't want to end up with a lot of saggy skin so I want to lose it slow but not so slow that I almost want to give up because it doesn't seem worth. Does any one else know what I'm talking about?

:ohwell:

Really hoping I'm not the only one...
    One thing I've noticed on my journey is time is whirling by...I can't believe how fast time has gone by since I began changing my eating. I recall Tam sharing the same thing about that.

I remember in the past with 'diets' time crawled by and seemed to almost come to a standstill, because I was trying Sooo hard and eating so little, now I don't think to much about it all. Sure I preplan and buy groceries so yes, there is time consumed by dealing with healthy eating, but I'm no longer obsessed about it so it's as if I get up, do my day and on to the next one.

I hope that makes some sense:flowerforyou: ....I realize my brain is getting fatiqued so I do hope that came across clearly, I went to the gym to swim and got home not long ago so I need to eat a small snack so it function again:blushing: :laugh:

It really will amaze you how one day you'll be looking at your ticker and say OMG...I'm 1/2 way there! I look at folks that joined when I did back in Aug., WHOA I am amazed...it feels like we all just joined up and started this journey:drinker: :laugh:

Here's to a great journey and keeping up with all the hard work, it DOES PAY OFF!!:drinker:

Btw....how's that water drinking coming along? Drink that water Girl...makes a world of difference:tongue::heart:

FC:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and eating great for a month now and I have only lost 4 lbs I am starting to think I will never lose all the weight. I do cardio 5 days a week sometimes more with strength training 2-3 days a week. I feel like I have lost inches but not much and only in a few spots. I have also started to realize, I seem to be losing inches more on one side of my body and not the other.
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

I have a lot of weight to lose and I don't want to end up with a lot of saggy skin so I want to lose it slow but not so slow that I almost want to give up because it doesn't seem worth. Does any one else know what I'm talking about?

:ohwell:

Really hoping I'm not the only one...
    One thing I've noticed on my journey is time is whirling by...I can't believe how fast time has gone by since I began changing my eating. I recall Tam sharing the same thing about that.

I remember in the past with 'diets' time crawled by and seemed to almost come to a standstill, because I was trying Sooo hard and eating so little, now I don't think to much about it all. Sure I preplan and buy groceries so yes, there is time consumed by dealing with healthy eating, but I'm no longer obsessed about it so it's as if I get up, do my day and on to the next one.

I hope that makes some sense:flowerforyou: ....I realize my brain is getting fatiqued so I do hope that came across clearly, I went to the gym to swim and got home not long ago so I need to eat a small snack so it function again:blushing: :laugh:

It really will amaze you how one day you'll be looking at your ticker and say OMG...I'm 1/2 way there! I look at folks that joined when I did back in Aug., WHOA I am amazed...it feels like we all just joined up and started this journey:drinker: :laugh:

Here's to a great journey and keeping up with all the hard work, it DOES PAY OFF!!:drinker:

Btw....how's that water drinking coming along? Drink that water Girl...makes a world of difference:tongue::heart:

FC:heart:

I agree with you FC, i feel like I started here one day and then I blinked and it was a year later! The weeks will really begin to add up for you, you'll see. And you're actually losing at a perfect pace. Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • erikhutson
    erikhutson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from . But i was searching the net and looking at my our calorie intake and realized something i feel is very important. It says that in order for you to lose weight you have to send you body into ketosis ( body will eat its own fat) . The atkins diet say that for 2 weeks only to in take 20 g of carbs a day , which believe me is almost impossible. But i was looking thru my own diary and realized that I was eating 1108 calories which is low but my carb content was 153 g wow i was shocked. So knowing this i believe that is what is sabotaging my weightloss. So im gonna try the other way counting carbs and not calories and see how it turns out. Hope this helps i don't know how accurate this is but thats what i got from research . Good luck and don't give up !!!!!

Instead of counting carbs, try upping your calories, your eating at a near starvation level, which in turn slows down the metabolism. I dont ever suggest eating 20g a day for any period of time as you will be turning your body away from some very good sources of vitamins and nutrients in the vegetables and fruits we eat. Carbs are your friend (the good kind) I take in about 1600-1800 calories a day with about 130g or so of it coming from carbs.

Keep your same carb intake, up your protein and fats and you should see the pounds start to come off again.