Why do clothes look great when trying them on at the store..

Options
and then you get them home and try them on again and you wonder what the heck you were thinking???

i needed a new outfit to wear to my daughters Jingle Jam recital for her dance class so went and tried on a few things and settled on two pairs of jeans (not from the plus size selection - go me!) and a sweater and a shirt....they looked fine in the dressing room and even though i am far from happy about the way that i look i decided that i was being over critical of myself and purchased them...

so today, i go and try them on again one more time before cutting off the tags and low and behold...the two tops and one pair of jeans are terrible...what the heck happened between yesterday afternoon and this morning?????

needless to say this is not the first time this has happened...anyone else experience this...and how the heck do i avoid this from happening again...

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to prevent it but it's so true. I have things in my closet that I have never worn because they have never fit. Which really begs the question of why did I buy them??
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    When I am shopping fo rclothes I try to bring people with me. Then I can be accurate. Sometimes it's the lighting. Or I ask a salesperson. Sometimes it really is just me being self conscious. But if you don't feel comfortable, just take it back but be sure to get a second opinion first so you know that it's not just you being hard on yourself.