Stronger Better Faster Feb 7

Options
Happy birthday Karen! I hope you have a good one!
I am happy this morning! I lost another 1.5 pounds this week! I'm still 5 pounds away from what I was in early November though. But I have lost 7 pounds in a month! I know most of that was baby fat in the first few weeks and that's why it's coming off so fast. I guess counting works for me...that and staying off sweets.
Speaking of sweets, today is my exception day of my fast. I don't even know if I will eat it. I probably will but then again I may decide not to. If I am as hungry then as I am now, I would eat it. lol. But I don't plan to be that hungry.
Mary and Karen, are you joining me on the no sweets challenge tomorrow? I really have not craved them like I expected. That's one reason I don't want to eat the cake. I am afraid the cravings will come back.
Today's exercise will be at the bounce house helping Alex get through them! I also need to finish painting and do some cleaning. I will stay within my cals today! I will! Even with cake.
Vivia I hope you are feeling better today!
Renae, I hope your workouts went well yesterday! I don't think I could do two hours of boot camp and then then gym too. You are an inspiration!
Have a great Saturday!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Karen! I hope you have a good one!
    I am happy this morning! I lost another 1.5 pounds this week! I'm still 5 pounds away from what I was in early November though. But I have lost 7 pounds in a month! I know most of that was baby fat in the first few weeks and that's why it's coming off so fast. I guess counting works for me...that and staying off sweets.
    Speaking of sweets, today is my exception day of my fast. I don't even know if I will eat it. I probably will but then again I may decide not to. If I am as hungry then as I am now, I would eat it. lol. But I don't plan to be that hungry.
    Mary and Karen, are you joining me on the no sweets challenge tomorrow? I really have not craved them like I expected. That's one reason I don't want to eat the cake. I am afraid the cravings will come back.
    Today's exercise will be at the bounce house helping Alex get through them! I also need to finish painting and do some cleaning. I will stay within my cals today! I will! Even with cake.
    Vivia I hope you are feeling better today!
    Renae, I hope your workouts went well yesterday! I don't think I could do two hours of boot camp and then then gym too. You are an inspiration!
    Have a great Saturday!
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether to be disappointed today or happy! I weighted in this morning at the same exact weight I was a week ago (Down to the tenth of a pound!) But my TOM should be starting soon so usually I would have gained.

I've up'd my calories so we'll see if that makes a difference this week (can't lower them there's not much room there)

Well, I'm off for the day. We're actually picking our tv up today so that's a two hour drive (why they can't ship it to a closer store I don't know but at least we got a really good deal!)

I'm hoping to make it to the gym today too. I did some boot camp DVD's yesterday but other than that I've only been to the gym twice this week and they weren't really hard workouts (only 30 mins vs my normal hour)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the "no sweets" challenge. I've oficially gained 7 pounds since November. I'm blaming the strike, as it just put me off my exercise game, and I developed an all junk-food, wheat and sugar diet. So, to you busy ladies and moms who still exercise, you're now totally my heroes. I'm a little pissed, and I feel like a wimp, but I'm turning the page and getting right back to it. (Well, not today because I still feel like crap. . .I'm doing the "is it a cold. . .or the flu?" dance and hoping it's just a bad cold) I'm trying to view the past few months as a science experiment to prove to myself that I need to exercise to maintain my weight. I'm also pretty sure that some of that weight is water, as I'm expecting a visit from my special lady time later in the week. All that being said, I'm going to log food for a few weeks. . .just to get back into sensible habits.

I'd like to do sweets only once a week, no refined anything and exercise at least six hours a week. I'm hoping to start tomorrow, if my body cooperates. I'm actually chomping at the bit for this. . .

Happy B-day, Karen. . .and happy weekend to all!

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Just got back from yoga marathon - survived on a bowl of cereal from 5am until noon, with three hours of yoga in-between. Had a sensible lunch of artichoke/tomato soup with toast - getting ready for a totally insensible dinner.

I will start the sweets challenge Monday (someone is having a birthday celebration for me tomorrow). I will eat sweets on V-day and on the 26th & 28th - and that is it for Feb - so 5 days total, as I haven't had any this week. V-day we are having friends over for dinner and one person is bringing dessert, so it would be rude not to eat it. I'm making food for book club on the 26th, and going to a fancy party on the 28th. So maybe not as good as I would have wished, but I thinking cutting it out of the everyday will help.

Yesterday, I worked out until I was no longer pissed off. I was accused of not showing up to teach for a yoga class (that I was told by the teacher was covered by someone else), and I got bent out of shape about that. I did kickboxing, elliptical, and walking. I'm beginning to think the kickboxing was what did my knee in, since it bothered me during class.

Bike ride scheduled for this afternoon.

Happy workouts y'all!