I can't believe I didn't cave in!

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
My sis and I go out most weekends with a BBW group here in Vegas and on first Fridays two other sisters in the group have game night at their house. Well I knew there would be lots of snacks and food so we planned well. We have a buffet here called Souper Salad that has a fantastic salad bar and baked potatoes and they make all of their own soups, yummy! They stock the bar with healthy low fat and fat free alternatives and everything is fresh. They post all of the nutrition on line so I was able to plan out my whole meal ahead according to their menu for the day. It was so filling and delicious and I stayed several hundred calories under to leave room for a snack later at the game night. My sis and I picked up some fat free animal cookies on the way so we knew we would have a healthier snack in case there were no others. So we get there and the people start coming in and they are bringing pizza, chili, spaghetti, chicken tenders and chicken wings, cakes and brownines. But I was full of my salad and baked potato and Adobe Chicken soup(it was soooo good). They ate and I felt a twing of wanting for the chicken tenders but resisted. We went to the other room and played dominoes for about 3 hours and I ate my serving of animal cookies and that was it! I couldn't believe it I was sooooo proud of me and my sis!:drinker: I faced all that and I couldn't bring myself to even use all the calories that I had saved for snacks because I didn't want all of that fat and grease and empty calories. I ended up a couple hundred under calories. I know this is not a big deal to some but for me a compulsive eater for 34 years this is huge. :noway: I believe this shows something is different this time. I think I may actually see a lower weight. Thanks for reading!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    My sis and I go out most weekends with a BBW group here in Vegas and on first Fridays two other sisters in the group have game night at their house. Well I knew there would be lots of snacks and food so we planned well. We have a buffet here called Souper Salad that has a fantastic salad bar and baked potatoes and they make all of their own soups, yummy! They stock the bar with healthy low fat and fat free alternatives and everything is fresh. They post all of the nutrition on line so I was able to plan out my whole meal ahead according to their menu for the day. It was so filling and delicious and I stayed several hundred calories under to leave room for a snack later at the game night. My sis and I picked up some fat free animal cookies on the way so we knew we would have a healthier snack in case there were no others. So we get there and the people start coming in and they are bringing pizza, chili, spaghetti, chicken tenders and chicken wings, cakes and brownines. But I was full of my salad and baked potato and Adobe Chicken soup(it was soooo good). They ate and I felt a twing of wanting for the chicken tenders but resisted. We went to the other room and played dominoes for about 3 hours and I ate my serving of animal cookies and that was it! I couldn't believe it I was sooooo proud of me and my sis!:drinker: I faced all that and I couldn't bring myself to even use all the calories that I had saved for snacks because I didn't want all of that fat and grease and empty calories. I ended up a couple hundred under calories. I know this is not a big deal to some but for me a compulsive eater for 34 years this is huge. :noway: I believe this shows something is different this time. I think I may actually see a lower weight. Thanks for reading!:drinker:

118984.png

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's really great self control!!!
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Little changes here and there are what all of us did(or are doing) to achieve our goals! Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    i was a compulsive overeater for about five years, and boy, it's difficult to do what you just did! so proud of you! there is a definite difference in the outlook you have on your success when you have one day of complete devotion and dedication to your own health, and you did it.

when we do things like you just did there, you aren't denying yourself anything, but most people say that! they want to make what you are doing into a negative so you won't look forward to doing it. we have to make it a positive, though, like: "if i eat well today and avoid bad food, i'm going to feel wonderful! if i eat bad food today, i'm denying myself that wonderful, healthy feeling i long for." it's taken me so long to realize this!

you are so lucky you have your sister there to do this with you! way to support one another, and good luck to your success!

keep it up!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Amy!!! You are doing so well! I am so proud of you, and excited for you!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Amy, you are doing so well!!! Way to Go!!! :flowerforyou:

That was great pre-planning!
  • Noraavon
    Noraavon Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm going to plan in advance that way in the future!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's all about the preparing! You did a great job! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    That is just amazing! Great Job!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It's a very big deal - you did a great job. Congratulations! :happy:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That is soooo wonderful! Remember this feeling the next time you are tempted. Great job on planning out ahead of time too-I do that too and it is such a good feeling! Keep up the great work-it will be worth it!!!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so awesome! Good for you!

Vegas must be really hard, when I was there they had such yummy all you can eat buffets.

You are so strong, keep it up!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Amy, I am so proud of you. You are doing absoultly great. Keep it up.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WTG!!:flowerforyou:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Congratulations Amy, you're an inspriation.
    Flo :love:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Amy My Sweet Friend...You simply ROCK:drinker: :happy:

You did awesome on the pre-planning and game night and were a good influence on another:flowerforyou: ...YAY FOR BOTH OF YOU!!:smooched:

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU AMY!!!!!:bigsmile: :smooched:

FC:heart:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Wow I didn't expect this response you all ROCK!!!!:drinker: Thanks so much for the support I love coming here and I have made such great friends and some accountability partners as well. You all are the reason I can make these great choices and I learn so much from you. Thanks!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:

118984.png

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Your pre-planning made your night a success. Keep it up!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    That is nothing but, AWESOME!!! Great planning, great self control, great support of sis, great acknowledgement of what you did. You did simply great!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Thanks!!! Sis laughs at me when we're in the grocery store because of how I talk to food now like "oh no I'm not giving up calories for you where is your fat free version" She says I'm am obsessed. I tell her I'd rather be obessessed with counting the calories than overeating them. :drinker:

118984.png

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!