Toning of the thighs

Options
So I'm at my weight goal(I added five more pounds to build a cushion for the future), but my thighs are not what I want. I've only lost one inch since I started this journey and i would like them a bit smaller. I run twice a week, use the elliptical twice a week(targeting the thighs), and I do spin once a week. I usually do weight training twice a week as well. Any suggestions?

Replies

• menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So I'm at my weight goal(I added five more pounds to build a cushion for the future), but my thighs are not what I want. I've only lost one inch since I started this journey and i would like them a bit smaller. I run twice a week, use the elliptical twice a week(targeting the thighs), and I do spin once a week. I usually do weight training twice a week as well. Any suggestions?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm in your EXACT position! I am working on my thighs also. I do running 5-6 days a week, I've just added Lunges, Squats, jumprope and Stepups to my routine in the hopes of uncovering toned, muscular legs. :flowerforyou: Best of luck to you
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    i wonder this too! I mean my family has naturally larger hips and thighs but i at least want them toned. I run and use the eliptical a lot through out the week.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, Pilates, yoga, walking (with a focus on how you walk), weight bearing exercises.
    Cardio will get your blood pumping but it can only do so much!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I want to do the same, i HATE my thighs!!
    anyone have any really good exercises for thighs??
    I have no clue what to do!
  • dolce33
    dolce33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats, squats....I cant say it enough. I squat til I feel like puking. I am into body building and like so many others I hold alot of fat in my thighs. My trainer tells me running breaks down the muscle in the thigh, so to offset that I do alot of squats as well as back-step lunges.
  • hfsmk
    hfsmk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll back dolce up - squats, squats, squats. Plie squats really get my inner thighs. Hover squats are good too.
    I can't do lunges, or I would do those as well. I have knee issues, and lunges hurt, whereas squats don't. I'd recommend googling squats and plie squats to learn about proper form. :)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    wall sitting for 90 sec. or as long as you can, karate kicks, there's lots of different types of lunges.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    YOGA!
    I've been doing yoga for the past few months and it has made a big difference in my legs/things...now if I could just flatten my tummy..LOL
    I'm suing Ravi Singh and Ana Brett DVD"s...not your normal 'yoga' but they work!

KIM