Finally!!!

Options
I'm back on track and I'm so proud of my progress this week!! This is week 5 for me and its been a rough 5 weeks with little loss (4lbs in 4 weeks). Yes I know that's normal, but it was so frustrating because one of those weeks I gained 2lbs. So this week I increased my calories (I wasn't eating what I should, and with the work outs I was going into starvation mode) and cut out all diet soda, drinking nothing but water. I lost 7lbs this week!!!! I know not to expect that every week but its like all my hard work has finally caught up with me!

Replies

• princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track and I'm so proud of my progress this week!! This is week 5 for me and its been a rough 5 weeks with little loss (4lbs in 4 weeks). Yes I know that's normal, but it was so frustrating because one of those weeks I gained 2lbs. So this week I increased my calories (I wasn't eating what I should, and with the work outs I was going into starvation mode) and cut out all diet soda, drinking nothing but water. I lost 7lbs this week!!!! I know not to expect that every week but its like all my hard work has finally caught up with me!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, that's fabulous!!!!! :noway:

Great job!!! :drinker:
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    woo hoo.. that's great. I have been discouraged on this site since joining as I wasn't seeing any progress, but weighed myself today and have lost 2 pounds.. it really works and I am so happy I found this site and the wonderful people on it!:happy: I have eaten treated myself with Starbucks lattes and glasses of wine, but made sure I stayed within my caloric intake for the day!
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

What were you eating before?? How much did you increase your calories to? I'm a stand still as well.....:grumble: :explode: Congrats!!!!! :drinker:
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    rock on!:drinker: you evidently did something you've needed to do for a while by cutting out the pop and upping the calories, keep it up, i know you can!

and by the way, no big loss with the pop, right? diet soda still affects the way your body reacts to sugar, so your little body is saying "thanks for keepin that crud away from me!"

hydrated muscles are healthy muscles!:flowerforyou:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    CONGRATS on a job well done, keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so great. Keep up the great work.
  • princessdrake
    Options

What were you eating before?? How much did you increase your calories to? I'm a stand still as well.....:grumble: :explode: Congrats!!!!! :drinker:

Well last week when I gained two pounds I hadn't been tracking my calories as well, so I went back to track a few days and realized most days I was at a net of 800 calories!! Not good!! So I was diligent about tracking my calories and water intake this week. I've been eating more protein and fresh veggies and fruit. I also eat a Fiber One fiber bar every day as one of my snacks.

The biggest change this week was the water, I'm not a water drinker..hate it LOL. But after pushing through the first few days I actually started to like it and felt so much better! Now I carry my water bottle with me every where! :)
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    hey pdrake, see you're not a fan of water, but i love it...

do you ever use anything to "spice" it up? i don't literally mean spices, but maybe loose leaf tea, some lemon/lime/orange slices to give it some flavor? maybe even some fresh mint leaves would help?

there's a lot of things out there at whole foods...one line is a flavoring type of concoction you can put in your drinks to give them a bit of flavor, like chocolate or vanilla, strawberry or grape...it's made with all natural stuff and is fairly low in calories.

maybe you should check it out?

btw, only 800 calories? you little rabbit! *donk* shoulda had a V-8! lol:laugh:
  • princessdrake
    Options
    hey pdrake, see you're not a fan of water, but i love it...

do you ever use anything to "spice" it up? i don't literally mean spices, but maybe loose leaf tea, some lemon/lime/orange slices to give it some flavor? maybe even some fresh mint leaves would help?

there's a lot of things out there at whole foods...one line is a flavoring type of concoction you can put in your drinks to give them a bit of flavor, like chocolate or vanilla, strawberry or grape...it's made with all natural stuff and is fairly low in calories.

maybe you should check it out?

btw, only 800 calories? you little rabbit! *donk* shoulda had a V-8! lol:laugh:

I know I know I know...800 calories..so bad :( I didn't realize that's what I was at...never again though! And I'm digging water now, every once in awhile I'll add flavor to it...I have to check out whole foods to see what they have! Thanks :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!