WHY!!

Options
Can some please explain to me why people need to be so competitive between each other?
It's so sad! I mean clearly you aren't going to both lose weight at the exact same time or anything else!
A little healthy competition is completely normal but seriously it's like get a different hobby would ya
I consider weightloss a personal journey not something I'm Doing because I have to
RANT OVER!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love when people call it a hobby. What better hobby then your health. :drinker:
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love when people call it a hobby. What better hobby then your health. :drinker:

As in stop concentrating on what I'm doing and go do something for yourself.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Human nature i guess
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking along the same lines today. Someone doesn't bother with their health until the person they secretly compare themselves to (you) is now smaller. Isn't it nice not being the bigger or biggest person in the crowd.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    All living organisms compete against one another in life. Animals in the wild compete for territory, food and mates. They try to "one up" each other. It's natural. Some are more competitive than others. Don't worry about it, just concentrate on you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    Options
    I was just thinking along the same lines today. Someone doesn't bother with their health until the person they secretly compare themselves to (you) is now smaller. Isn't it nice not being the bigger or biggest person in the crowd.

I honestly just feel frustrated by it, if they spent as much time
    Looking at copying what I do they would have some great results
    To show, I guess I sound like a cow for saying that, but I'll be honest
    And say what I feel lol
    And yes your right I love being smaller lol!!!
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    Options
    All living organisms compete against one another in life. Animals in the wild compete for territory, food and mates. They try to "one up" each other. It's natural. Some are more competitive than others. Don't worry about it, just concentrate on you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I am soley concentrating on myself I just get out off every now and then by it, guess if I don't mention anything new I'm doing
    It won't happen lol, problem solved :D