Women-Question

Options
Ok, so I don't want to be nosey, but I have a question. When it's that time of the month, do you put on weight even if you are watching what you are eating and exercising? I've been doing really good (I thought) and was supposed to start yesterday, but I've gained a pound. Just want to make sure that this isn't just me. Thank you in advance for answering the question! :noway:

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Yeah. Since working out, the gaining hasn't been THAT bad, but it is still present. Sometimes it's a measly three or four pounds, other times it's more. It's majorly annoying.
  • christieinfante
    Options
    I would assume yes. Your body has water weight. That is why some take pamprin for bloating. It will go away after you are done with cycle.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Point blank, YES.

One month, I "put on" 11 pounds.

It fell off 2 days after TOM ended. I bloat severley hahaha...obviously.
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's normally just water weight, and should go away afterwards. When it's about that time ramp up your water intake, and if you really need to, try something like midol to helping with bloating. Watching our weight go up and down is just another fun curse we get to deal with :-)
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It has helped me when I add extra water.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Unfortantly :frown:
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yep! Sometimes only a pound or two but some months, like last month, up to 5 lbs! I feel so terrible when it happens. I get tired and run down. Then it pretty much drops off over night although sometimes it takes two nights if its severe.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Yes! Everyone goes through that. You just bloat and retain water like crazy. I just try not to weigh myself until I'm out of the woods in the TOM department. Don't worry, it'll go back down
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have always tried to over come this lately by keeping up with the exercise and drinking loads of water not eating anything stodgey. Some months I gain some months I stick. Very occasionally I lose. One thing Im sure of is during TOM I feel like **** lol xxx
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not only do I hold onto a little extra weight during that time of the month, I also hold onto a pound or two around ovulation time. Isn't womanhood wonderful? *read sarcasm*
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I notice about a 5 pound difference. I try to drink a lot of water, and eat foods that are natural diuretics. It always evens out after that week.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes!! And I want to eat a whole pint of ice cream yikes!!!
  • rinnismom
    Options
    yes, ma'am. it happens to me each and every month. i thought those commercials about those scrawny wenches trying to get into their size 0 pants was a joke. it isn't, sadly.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes. Also crave chocolate like a true addict and I gained 5 pounds last month! (didn't even eat the chocolate)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Yes. I can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs. Drinking lots of water seems to help.
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed a gain but I do eat like I can't get enough
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just finished and gained 3lbs initially but now I am down those 3lbs plus an additional 2lbs. Wuhoooo!!!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    yes , usually 3 pouns-
  • emcupp
    emcupp Posts: 43
    Options
    I usually gain anywhere from 5-10 pounds when my cycle comes around... NOT FUN AT ALL!! As long as I stick to it, and keep my head up it will all be gone ( and some more) a day or two after my cycle is over.