Double-Chin Depression

2»

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    There actually is an exercise you can do for this.. tilt your head all the way back, like you're looking at the top of a skyscraper. Then open and close your mouth, tightening the muscles on your neck. You will look like a fish-out-of-water, literally, but it works! Also just brinigng your jaw forward while tilting your head back works too.

And "fork putdowns and table pushbacks".. funny, but rude, and not the place when someone is asking a valid question.

Exercising a particular area does not reduce the fat from that area.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Oh, it'll go........................here's a true life depiction of mine!

Thank you so much for sharing woggy3939 - it is definitely inspirational to see that it can be done!

You're welcome, my dear :)

Polly
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    There actually is an exercise you can do for this.. tilt your head all the way back, like you're looking at the top of a skyscraper. Then open and close your mouth, tightening the muscles on your neck. You will look like a fish-out-of-water, literally, but it works! Also just brinigng your jaw forward while tilting your head back works too.

And "fork putdowns and table pushbacks".. funny, but rude, and not the place when someone is asking a valid question.

It tones it though, often when you loose weight you have some excess skin
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    When they take the pic stick your head forward a little. It works miracles.

Ditto! This is what I do. I've got a small one too no matter what I weigh- genetics. I make sure to push my chin forward a bit and tilt upwards a bit to stretch that extra skin out. Like others said not fixable if it's genetic without surgery. It's not that bad- very normal! Just request the picture taker hold the camera a little higher, this does amazing things too :o)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member

It tones it though, often when you loose weight you have some excess skin

There is no such thing as "toning"
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member

Pollydoublechins.jpg

but it DOES help to stick your chin out a little bit :)

That;s a great photo. Thanks for the uplift. I too suffer from double chin and it is most genetic with a little fat face. I have a naturally thin face but still have the double chin. Weight loss helps but will likely not get rid of it entirely. The rest of my face is long an thin. That means when I lose all the weight that I want I might look sick as my face will be so thin but the rest of my body is not quite matching.
  • Seated fork put-downs. Table pushbacks.

Way too funny! I'm def doing that exercise more often. LOL
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Here is a trick I learned a long time ago, stand tall, hold your shoulders back, and stick your chin up just slightly. "Simply touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and smile. This action helps muscles tighten around the neck area. That, and, it instantly makes you more aware of any inadvertent slouching. Say cheese — hold the extra chin."
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    When they take the pic stick your head forward a little. It works miracles.

I'm always trying to play with angles! And I always have the photog take the pics at a downward angle!

A photographer friend of mine says to poke your head forward alittle and then drop you chin. Sounds weird but it has worked for me in pics.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    eh, who cares! It's because you're smiling happily, not doing the strained "no double chin, soulless eyes" smile.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Here is a trick I learned a long time ago, stand tall, hold your shoulders back, and stick your chin up just slightly. "Simply touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and smile. This action helps muscles tighten around the neck area. That, and, it instantly makes you more aware of any inadvertent slouching. Say cheese — hold the extra chin."
    I can vouch for this-touching your tongue to the roof of your mouth does help. Standing straight and putting one foot slightly back and putting your weight on that foot helps you pull your shoulders back in a way that looks more natural and less military 'at attention'.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member

Pollydoublechins.jpg

but it DOES help to stick your chin out a little bit :)

Wow that is a big difference. In your signature you have 10 pounds lost...but that looks like way more than 10 pounds?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i understand. i will have one forever. even at 96 pounds (i am only 5 foot so that is a healthy weight), i had a double chin. i go back and forth on whether i would have surgery to correct it.