http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Think it's accurate?

Replies

• rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 241 Member
    i have no idea if that is accurate but i dont mind saying i hope it is LOL
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    It appears that it is reasonably so. The numbers match up with my MFP numbers and the ones on a couple other fitness sites I use.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    NO WAY! I'm not a dr but This thing is saying that I'm going to gain weight! I've been told by lots of people that if you eat ur cal's back from exercise that you will lose. I Put in what my normal daily cal goal that MFP gives me with me working out 3-5 days a week and it says that I will lose like a pound a mth?!?! And then I put in my cals burned and it says I'm going to gain, so far I've lost but never gained the weight back, I personaly would not trust this calculator!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    I rather like the results! Thanks for sharing:happy:
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    apparently to lose weight I would have to go to 900 cals a day? yah umm no...
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,374 Member
    Never used it but I'm going to bookmark it so I can dream a little! According to that I could meet my first goal by the New Year! I would totally celebrate then!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Let me get this straight: According to this site (using my MFP daily calorie goal of 1630): My body roughly burns 2300 each day (without exercise). If I eat to get a NET caloric intake of 1630 calories (which I don't do usually-I usually have a net intake of 1200 after working out) AND burn 670+ calories (this will be my calorie deficit and this is EACH DAY I need to log a 670+ calorie burn)- Am I understanding that right?

And if so, then THAT might be why I'm not losing anymore weight and have been in a plateau for a year? Maybe I really am not eating enough! But then that doesn't make sense, cause if I naturally burn 2300 and only been eating a net of 1200, shouldn't that equate to weight loss? I feel like the numbers ADD up for me, but it's not showing on the scale.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    NO WAY! I'm not a dr but This thing is saying that I'm going to gain weight! I've been told by lots of people that if you eat ur cal's back from exercise that you will lose. I Put in what my normal daily cal goal that MFP gives me with me working out 3-5 days a week and it says that I will lose like a pound a mth?!?! And then I put in my cals burned and it says I'm going to gain, so far I've lost but never gained the weight back, I personaly would not trust this calculator!
    Just for curiosity's sake, try putting the activity level at sedentary and using your net calories.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    I hope it's accurate because that means I'll make my Christmas weight goal ... plus 2 more pounds!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    That's a neat way to keep it in perspective! If I stick with it, I might be able to meet goal by my next birthday!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    It lines up with MFP for the most part. As long as those pesky plateaus leave you alone.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    opps did it wrong lines up n ow DOH hehe
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    It's impossible for something like that to be completely accurate since everyone's body is different. Our metabolisms are all different and the way our bodies store or burn off fat is all different. It's probably a decent estimate, but don't be disappointed if you don't see the results it predicts.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    My 5 week forecast is almost identical to MFP's. According to their calculations, I should reach my goal by mid-July. I can live with that!
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    ok sorry if i sound like an idiot:blushing: :blushing: but i dont really get what all the numbers mean. The "Calories Used" is the amount of calories you need to eat everyday to maintain that weight? and the "Calorie Deficit" is the amount of calories you need to burn everyday in order to get to that weight? im sorry im embarrassed cuz i feel like a tard cuz i dont know what it means lol :ohwell:
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Why bother? MFP's algorithms work just fine. Just look around here.