NSV - Thanksgiving practice run.

Options
Today was our work Thanksgiving potluck lunch. I was able to load up on turkey, ham, sweet potato, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn bread, mac and cheese and desert and still stay under my calories for the day! This was good practice for the real Thanksgiving coming up and for Christmas with the family. Nice to know I can still endulge and stay under!

Replies

• Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    KUDOS! Good to know it can be done!

Ours is today too, in about 30 minutes. I made sure to come in early and earn me some extra calories. I am going to make the best choices possible and find one indulgence and stay under my calorie goal.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday here at work too. I ate it, ate too much and was miserable, but I figured it in as about 800 calories. No dinner needed after that anyway. So, yeah, I don't think Thanksgiving will be horrible. Just making a promise to myself, 1 plate, no seconds (if need more later, fine) And I will NOT take a nap before I take a walk :-)
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It can definitely be done. I do it about once week. We typically eat out Friday nights and I don't worry too much about what I eat other than I try not to overeat. I used to eat until I felt really stuffed...now I don't do that. But on the days that I do eat out, I make sure I get in a really good workout and I eat light the rest of the day. It's nice to indulge periodically.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pre-Thanksgiving bootcamp = i will be eating whatever i want and not care. Plus carbo loading = post thanksgiving LONG RUN.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is just proof that if you control your behavior that you can live a healthy lifestyle and still enjoy food indulgences with family and loved ones. Congratulations on maintaining a healthy relationship with food!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!