Guess Our Parents Weren't Complete Morons After All...

Options
2»

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My dad would go an extra couple blocks out of the way to avoid turning left if he could. I always thought he was a bit batty. But now I found myself planning ahead for trips, even to the store, to make as few left turns as possible.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    "Your metablolism will slow down at 40. Make sure you're at a healthy weight when you get there".
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My dad would go an extra couple blocks out of the way to avoid turning left if he could. I always thought he was a bit batty. But now I found myself planning ahead for trips, even to the store, to make as few left turns as possible.
    Apparently UPS uses this strategy and it saves them lots of $!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Apparently UPS uses this strategy and it saves them lots of $!

I don't get it?
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My mom always said, "some day when you have children, you will understand" this applied to every situation and I always hated it and told her I was never having children!

I get it now.... you definitely reap what you sow.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Loving all of these replies. Thanks folks.
    If you keep doing that you will go blind. I now need reading glasses. :sad:
    Bet your sight really went downhill once the internet went full-tilt, eh? :glasses:
    My Grandmother: "Can't never tried."
    This is brilliant and I'm going to have to borrow it; the kidlet is in a "But mommmmmy, I caaannnnn't do it." phase.
    As kids, My dad used to make us pay him .50 cents every time he caught us without our seat belts on in the car. I thought it was the most annoying thing ever. Now a days, i'm thankful for his little game, because i feel just wrong in a car without my seat belt on. I cant even drive half a block without it!
    Yes, this. Never had to give over any dough but I'm the same with having a seat belt on. Can't put the car in drive without it on, it just feels wrong.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

True. I probably say "because I said so" about 10 times a day.

Seriously, that would just piss me right off as a kid and teenager. Now, I use that term constantly.

Pissed me off too, so I swore I'd never say it to my kid. I never did and you know what I got for it? A kid that expects a reason for every damn thing I say. It's actually pretty annoying. :grumble: