Android Apps you CANNOT live without

42hockeymom
42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
edited October 5 in Chit-Chat
So, I recently got an Android phone, LOVE IT! And I was wondering, what are some apps out there that you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT? SplashMoney is one of my favorites. I've had it on my palm, iPod Touch, and now on my phone. Yep, one of the priciest ones out there but SO SO worth it, and their support team is out of this world when it comes to answering you.

So, what are yours?

ETA: MFP is a given LOL!

Replies

• MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    GasBuddy -- I'm cheap like that.

Barcode Scanner -- see above.

AudioGuru -- Let's you set customized ring settings based on the time of day.

Maps (Built-in Standard Google App) -- Don't need a separate GPS and it's free. Can't beat it.
  • runtastic
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    checkbook

kuffs password
  • i'm about to get rid of my droid for an iphone (i know -.-, i feel like a traitor)

but my apps i can NOT live without: google tracks, stupid zombie (for fun), simply cynide (love the comics), the reddit app (i'm a nerd), and most importantly my "astrid" app (it's a task/to do list app, it has saved my butt 100000 times when it comes to paying my bills on time and junk.)
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    MP3 Music Downloader- free music
    Ringdroid- make your own ringers, alarms, etc.
    ESPN Scorecenter
    Plume- Twitter app
    LOVING the myfitnesspal app as well!!

that is pretty much it for me. I do suggest getting the barcode app (I've had it before and I need to get it again) too!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Jefit - That's what I use to track my workouts
    MFP, for course.
    Dolphin internet browser-the android one sucks
    Bible app
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    MFP
    Angry Birds
    Kindle
    MP3
    Barcode Scanner
    Facebook
    ClearSky and Google Sky (my kids love astronomy)
    My bank's app
    Yelp
    TripAdvisor

OK, I will admit to a tarot app, but just for fun. I bust it out during long meetings. Often asking things like, "Will I ever be free from this conference room?"
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Bible app

Jog Tracker Pro

MFP

Out of Milk
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Angry Birds and Pandora.
    MFP as well.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 543 Member
    Cardio Trainer (tracks my miles)
    Barcode Scanner
    Lock 'n' Roll (can keep me occupied for hours)
    ShopRite
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Dolphin Browser HD. A million times better than the stock browser.
    Yellowpages
    Google street view
    MFP
    Poynt - A handy app for finding local restaurants, movie theaters, areas of interest. I travel a lot and it's a life saver.
    NoLED - my captivate doesn't have an led light to notify me of new messages, appt's, etc. This is a great workaround.
    ES File Explorer - I can browse my home network to get files off of my other computers without having to plug the phone in
    Livo recorder - so I can record presentations. One of the few that will actually record with the screen off. A real battery saver.
    Dropbox - great for syncing files across all my devices
    Aldiko - ebook and pdf reader. Love it.
    Office Suite Pro - opens and edit spreadsheets...which I have needed to do in an emergency from time to time.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Dolphin browser - love
    Facebook
    Mint
    Netflix
    Hulu
This discussion has been closed.