Pre and Post meals for morning workout

Options
Hey All,

I have recently shuffled my work routine and so I go to gym in the morning around 10-10:30 am and work out till 11:30-12 pm. I usually have my breakfast around 8 am in the morning but somehow I dont think I am able to work out as good as I used to in the evenings.

Also, I am not sure what I should have post workout as I have my lunch around 1-1:30 pm. Please do suggest me pre and post work out meals and what I should be eating(carbs, proteins etc.) to suit my new routine.

Love,
Sophie

Replies

• jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym around that same time -- for the same amount of time.

I eat my breakfast at 5:30am though. I usually have high fiber oatmeal for breakfast, with an Active Metabolism multivitamin. Then I have a protein bar around 8am. Before I go to the gym, I eat an apple and a slice of reduced fat cheese. After my workout, I drink a Muscle Milk Light Protein Shake (100 calories, no sugar, tons of protein). Then around 1 I eat my lunch.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am actually interested in this sorta. I dont know what to eat after a butt whomping workout that i dont have to stand and fix like shakes. i dont want to think, i want to eat something to feel human again. at the moment i either drink some all natural fruit juice/smoothie from the store, or a small spoon full of pb. hubby started that one. maybe i should invest in protien bars? idk. if you figure out any answers i'd sure like to know. ;)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    try eating oatmeal and/or yogurt fir breakfast. alot of celebs eat oatmeal for breakfast. before your workout, but allow a minimum of 30 mins before working out. though my dr says an hour, my sister does 30 mins.
  • PamelaJacobucci
    Options
    Most store bought protein bars are so full of sugar. I make my own. 2 cups of oatmeal (chopped a little finer in the food processor), 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter, 4 scoops of Casein Protein Powder (chocolate flavored), 6 tbsp of unsweetened cooking cocoa and just enough water to mix it and hold it together (roughly 1 1/2 - 2 cups). Once it's all mixed, then press it into a rectangular pan and freeze it for about 30-35 minutes. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator. I usually cut this into 8 bars and each bar is approximately 250 calories. Just an idea.