Pre and Post meals for morning workout

Options
Hey All,

I have recently shuffled my work routine and so I go to gym in the morning around 10-10:30 am and work out till 11:30-12 pm. I usually have my breakfast around 8 am in the morning but somehow I dont think I am able to work out as good as I used to in the evenings.

Also, I am not sure what I should have post workout as I have my lunch around 1-1:30 pm. Please do suggest me pre and post work out meals and what I should be eating(carbs, proteins etc.) to suit my new routine.

Love,
Sophie

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I like to eat greek yogurt and a piece of fruit before I go, and then a lean meat after I go, like chicken breast or salmon, with either salad or fruit. I also like to mix dry curd cottage cheese, tuna, and a little bit of mayo and put it on a piece of rye bread, very high in protein and under 300 calories.
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    On Wednesdays, I teach a circuit training class at 9, Zumba Gold at 11, Zumba at 12, and stretch at 1. And yes, when I first started, I didn't keep my blood sugar stable, and my body suffered for it!

In the morning, I have whatever morning beverage, apple, breakfast item or splurge... 10-11, I make sure to get in protein, fruit, veggies. And tons of water. And all day long on Wed, I carry a bag of pre-cut veggies, so I can munch a handfull of vitamin-packed fiber between classes.

So for you, really focus on the nutrition, I'd suggest. Keep fiberous fruits & veggies on hand before and after every work out. They'll help you feel full, stablize blood sugar, and many veggies already have some protein in them! http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/fruits-and-vegetables-high-in-protein.html