I need energy!!!! HELP!

Options
Struggling today, maybe its just the job, but I am so sleepy, I wish I had nap time! I thought that working out in the a.m would give me energy through out the day but it really just lights a fire for me for the 1st half. On lunch now and just want to go to bed! Good thing I don't work from home! LOL. Need help keeping that fire alive through out the day, ANY SUGGUESTIONS??? I need them!

Just an FYI, I get up at 5am work out for an hr and then go to work at 9:30-6pm. Inbetween the time I get home from my workout and work I make lunches for me and my fiancee and eat breakfast then shower and get ready for work.

Replies

• dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Can you make your food diary public? Maybe someone can suggest a change in what your eating or to add something to it.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? You may find that initially you are really tired, as your body adjusts to the schedule, but then you will feel better and more awake. A vitamin is also a good idea.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What kind of food are you eating? If you are eating a lot of processed stuff, you might find that increasing the whole foods in your diet will give your more energy. Also, I would suggest an earlier bedtime if you can manage it.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Take a quick walk even if it just around your building. Drink some cold water or go outside for a breath of cold air. Or, (some people will strongly disagree with this) drink a diet coke.
  • annaf1989
    Options
    I would suggest eating an apple. It is a natural source of energy and is way much better than coffee...it should keep you energize for up to 2-3hours:)
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Maybe cutting your morning workout down to 30 mins and researching energy packed foods/snacks that will get you through the day. Don't forget you should have a daily vitamin. I like 5 hour for my sluggish days but don't make that a habit. I also get up at 5:15 am so I know that you can quickly get tired. Also maybe take a lunch time walk if you can. Maybe 10 mins real quick around the block.

Good luck!
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would definitely suggest looking at your food. Are you eating too LITTLE? (Sometimes that can be the key) are you eating every 3-4 hours. Is there a good amount of healthy fat/protein/carbs in each meal? Once you evaluate that and don't notice a difference I would definitely look into adding some Vitamin B-12 into the mix or even going to an endocrinologist to look at your hormones and see if there's something going on there. Most likely it's a food swap situation. Keep up the workouts in the morning though - it really will give you more energy during the day (just be sure you're getting a solid 7-8 hours of sleep before it so you don't get restless after lunch!)

Hope that helped! Happy losing! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Also, do you eat snacks between meals? That helps to boost energy levels too.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I used to always be so sleepy around 2 pm....could have nodded off at my desk, but I find that be drinking plenty of water, I don't experience that anymore. 75% of people are moderately dehydrated and one of the symptoms is a real lack of energy. Just sayin'
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Can you make your food diary public? Maybe someone can suggest a change in what your eating or to add something to it.

OK I've been thinking of doing this for awhile now and I am going to so that i can get tips, ONE thing I will not except is for someone to chew me out b/c of the food choices I've made in the past, I have relized that when I've made those choices I hated myself after, feeling blah and sick or with a headache.

So I will say this, I appreciate any good feed back anyone has for me and will except it but I'm 32 yrs old and don't like bullies (I've seen others post on forums where they were being bashed and people being rude, so keep your rudeness to yourself b/c Im out of high school and don't plan on going back! Lol)