Am looking to add new stuff to my workout. Suggestions?

Options
So... today I got frustrated with my alternative workout routine and decided I needed another to supplement my Wii Fit. What do you suggest?

I don't have hardly any room in my condo (no big moves and no pull up bar) I haven't bought weights.

I've been hearing about 30 day Shred and px90 what are these like? Do they have some cardio or do they only count as strength training and I'd have to add cardio every other day???

Has anyone tried My Fitness Coach for Wii? What do you think? What does it have you do??

I'm down to my last 5 lbs unless I decide to lose a little more... and my weightloss has slowed down significantly... I need to change something or add something... but what? Help

Please! I need mucho info.

Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    So... today I got frustrated with my alternative workout routine and decided I needed another to supplement my Wii Fit. What do you suggest?

I don't have hardly any room in my condo (no big moves and no pull up bar) I haven't bought weights.

I've been hearing about 30 day Shred and px90 what are these like? Do they have some cardio or do they only count as strength training and I'd have to add cardio every other day???

Has anyone tried My Fitness Coach for Wii? What do you think? What does it have you do??

I'm down to my last 5 lbs unless I decide to lose a little more... and my weightloss has slowed down significantly... I need to change something or add something... but what? Help

Please! I need mucho info.

Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Try the Walk Away The Pounds with the intervals or even Some of the Biggest Loser Dvd's they dont require much space.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have the 30day shred and LOVE it and I also have BL cardio and I also LOVE that one. After I'm done doing them I do some ab workouts and theigh exercises.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    p90x is not for beginners! I would reccomend staying away from this program unless your on track with your diet.

However, a lot of people have started out using p90x and although they do struggle in the first weeks, it obviously gets easier, and most people are extremely pleased with their results.

Equipment needed for P90x varies, but recommends pull up bar ($30) yoga mat ($10) strength bands (cheaper than dumbells $10-$30) and yoga blocks if you arn't very flexible. I didn't start out with them, but a couple times through yoga made me learn that IT is much easier if you do use them and they are about $10 at walmart.

It is a 6 day workout regiment that lasts 90 days. Not recommended to use with Wii Fit. But you could obviously use both, but I doubt once you finish a workout with 90x you'll want to hope on the balance board! :bigsmile:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    p90x is not for beginners! I would reccomend staying away from this program unless your on track with your diet.

However, a lot of people have started out using p90x and although they do struggle in the first weeks, it obviously gets easier, and most people are extremely pleased with their results.

Equipment needed for P90x varies, but recommends pull up bar ($30) yoga mat ($10) strength bands (cheaper than dumbells $10-$30) and yoga blocks if you arn't very flexible. I didn't start out with them, but a couple times through yoga made me learn that IT is much easier if you do use them and they are about $10 at walmart.

It is a 6 day workout regiment that lasts 90 days. Not recommended to use with Wii Fit. But you could obviously use both, but I doubt once you finish a workout with 90x you'll want to hope on the balance board! :bigsmile:

Thanks... maybe I'll hold off on it. I have been pretty active and good on my diet but it might be a bit much with the equpment and the bar.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the program. You don't need to stress over equipment-get a couple Resistance Bands. It's tough, but challenging and definitely gives results. Try skipping, dancing, any video by Beach body is great. Challenge yourself. There is also ChaLean Extreme by BB. I hear it's great too.