Meal replacements??

Options
2»

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, original poster, I noticed with meal replacements like shakes an bars have a lot of protein generally and you can taste the protein in it, maybe that's what's grossing you out? After reading more about why you want one maybe like a fruit smoothie I saw someone said milk with peanut butter and banana or something. That sounds like it would work for you =]
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I eat Clif builder chocolate bars after I workout but I don't really think replacing a meal with a shake or bar is a great idea, I think it goes hand in hand with calling it a diet rather than a change you want to stick with you for the rest of your life. If you're body is hungry feed it. =]

Good luck =]

I respectfully disagree. The meal replacement drink that I have has many more vitamins and nutrients in 200 calories than I could eat in food for less/same calories.

then you are ignorant on many fronts, the quality of vitamins is more important then just how many there are.

I agree with you.

Who's to say that I am not getting quality vitamins in my shake? If you looked into it - the Herbalife line is pharmaceutical grade, These are good quality vitamins and nutrients. Maybe ask more questions or don't go making assumptions before you go calling people ignorant.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    you know you don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to...

But everything of my food intelligence tells me that its important. I mean, right from day 1 your told that as a child...
    [/quote]

You are right, you don't have to eat breakfast. However, until you do - your body is basically at a stand still and breaking down muscle (catabolic) for energy.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Anyone know of any that DON'T taste like garbage???

Yep, Herbalife. They taste fabulous and are very filling. Message me for more info if you are interested.

..............and, um, would you be making a profit off that?

Nope - but way to ASSume.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I eat Clif builder chocolate bars after I workout but I don't really think replacing a meal with a shake or bar is a great idea, I think it goes hand in hand with calling it a diet rather than a change you want to stick with you for the rest of your life. If you're body is hungry feed it. =]

Good luck =]

I respectfully disagree. The meal replacement drink that I have has many more vitamins and nutrients in 200 calories than I could eat in food for less/same calories.

then you are ignorant on many fronts, the quality of vitamins is more important then just how many there are.

I agree with you.

Who's to say that I am not getting quality vitamins in my shake? If you looked into it - the Herbalife line is pharmaceutical grade, These are good quality vitamins and nutrients. Maybe ask more questions or don't go making assumptions before you go calling people ignorant.

funny because i have the label from here up on my screen right now

http://catalog.herbalife.com/US/en//pdf/catalog/100819_SKU3106_usen_label.pdf

please do tell what superior forms of vitamins are in this shake. can you even tell me which one is B12 and how that form compares to other forms?
    You are right, you don't have to eat breakfast. However, until you do - your body is basically at a stand still and breaking down muscle (catabolic) for energy.

interesting theory, care to back that up with any actual studies that show that?
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Anyone know of any that DON'T taste like garbage???

Yep, Herbalife. They taste fabulous and are very filling. Message me for more info if you are interested.

..............and, um, would you be making a profit off that?

Nope - but way to ASSume.

I assume only if they buy......
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I LOVE(!!) Hmr shakes. I Mix them with a cup of Ice and a cup of water and it's kinda like a milk shake. Chocolate is soooo good
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you know you don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to...

But everything of my food intelligence tells me that its important. I mean, right from day 1 your told that as a child...

That's not true at all. Your body won't break down the muscle, you'll just be hungry, that's it.
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Thank you to those of you who were an actual help. i.e suggesting brands and things to try, as opposed to arguing. I kinda like the fruit smoothie idea.
    As for the herbalife post, I do not buy things/send people money over the internet for any reason.
    I think I am going to try most of these until I find one I like. And will be using the idea for the fruit smoothies in the very near future.
    I think I would rather eat breakfast (or meal replacement) and avoid any unwanted consequences..

Thanks everyone.