Poll kind of

Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
Does anyone here eat and buy totally organic? I am curious to see how many people do!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    I buy some organic stuff, not everything. Maybe 70%.

There is a group in Groups for Organic....check it out.
  • Fairysoul
    ok thanks!
  • Some, but not everything.
  • I wish I could! But honestly some of that stuff tastes kinda gross to me! Maybe I am used to the sugars. But I really try to buy only organic fruits and veggies. I like to go to farmers markets and buy locally.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    I strive to be 100% organic. But, of course that fails if I have to be out. But pretty much most of the time I do.
  • No.
  • Nope I don't. Organic doesn't necessarily mean healthier. It is more expensive and not worth it to me
    And my roomie found a worm in her organic pear xD grosses me out too much!
  • I buy organic milk and organic snacks. Wish I could buy all organic. Totally would if I could afford.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Not currently. I buy organic milk because it lasts much longer for some reason so I have a chance to drink it before it expires. I'd like to start eating more organic foods, I'm just going to have to work out my budget eventually so that I can afford to buy more organic, at least fruits, veggies, and meats.
  • Fairysoul
    I buy organic milk and organic snacks. Wish I could buy all organic. Totally would if I could afford.

I am right there with you!!!
  • Nataleenerlou
    Nataleenerlou Posts: 13 Member
    I was for all of last year, but then ran into some financial trouble and can't afford it currently. But let me tell you, TOTALLY worth the switch! Esp if you do a cleanse in the beginning as well. I honestly felt much less bogged down, mentally more alert, physically less sluggish, and over all just less polluted.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    I rarely do. Its more expensive, and really, I could care less about it.

I usually just buy from the farmers market in the area. So not necessarily organic, but support the local farms (plus its far cheaper than the grocery store). I am very thankful for an amazing market close by!
  • I try to buy local more than I buy Organic. Unfortunately Organic has become a pure marketing thing (I mean, they have organic candy now - give me a break!). Anyhow, buying something close to where it was picked is better for the enviroment (no shipping grapes up from Chile or Apples from Tokyo) and is healthier for you (food loses it's nutrients the longer after it has been picked)! That's a win-win!