Zumba versus Dance off the Inches

Options
I was going to buy Zumba as a program to alternate with my elliptical machine, but then I found a program called "dance off the inches". I bought that instead. I'm 51, 52 in about a month, and I really like this program. I'm relatively fit and have a dance history, but Zumba looked so fast. This one has good instruction, toning, and lot's of movement. Any one else tried it? Or if you are a zumba fan, why? Would really appreciate the input.

Replies

• ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I have tried Zumba three times and didn't really care for it [alot of people call me crazy lol], I have bought some other dance dvd's like PCD dance workout video, and I like it, i'll have to check into the "dance off the inches" dvd. :)
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba.... if you like dance, you will enjoy it.
  • MrsAJK
    Options
    I have both zumba and dance central on my kinnect, i thought dance central was the great... until i got zumba. Dont get me worng fance cetnral is still great, easy to use, things explained etc etc but the zumba is more fun, your work harder in a shorter space of time and it really works that stomach hips and bum way better then the dance versions, it is alittle hard to get to grips with at first but there are options to learn just the moves and after only a few hit and miss sessions youll be well away esp if you have a dance background. i havent tried the dance version your talking about so maybe this isnt a fair comparison but for me there is just no beating zumba - i attend live classes now too - its fantastic
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I have a dance history and found that I can pick up the steps fairly quickly. The moves are fast, but if you can pick up dance moves, you can understand it. I like it because it works all part of my body -- and concentrates on the core as well as legs. Granted, I have not tried other dance (wii) programs, so I have nothing to compare it to....
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba...so much fun.

You can do the moves at your own pace, yet still have a great workout and walk away soaking wet with sweat!

Half of the time I'm laughing at myself bc I can only imagine what I must look like to anyone who can see inside my living room...lol.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba, but I do the classes not the DVD. I havent tried the DVD either. I teach Ballroom dancing and the zumba is very simlar to the latin dances we do but with out a partner ;) The reason I like zumba is because you are constantly moving and you get a good sweat on. Dance off the inches sounds interesting. If you stick with let me know how it goes for you. Always looking for something new! Good luck!